Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Question Sony software starts when 505 Connects to PC

Hi,

I know this topic has been covered in the forums but I just can't find it again. I apologize for the duplicate post.

I just got a new PC running Windows Vista and I want to disable the Sony Library from starting up each time I connect my 505 to the PC. I use Calibre to manage and load books and rarely go into the Sony bookstore. I found information here in MR to disable this with my old PC running Windows XP; I know I had to go in and edit some file but I can't remember which one and I can't find that post now. The XP computer died unexpectedly and I had to buy a new one with Vista. Can someone please give instructions for Vista?

Thanks.

Last edited by bookfanmd; 10-02-2009 at 08:25 PM.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Look in your task list in task manager, I am guessing there is some type of Sony reader helper or similar program listed. If so, end that process. Then, see if it resolves your issue.

If it does, you can go use the msconfig program to delete this program so it won't start up automatically. Or, perhaps it is in the startup folder, although I doubt that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
I just got a new PC running Windows Vista and I want to disable the Sony Library from starting up each time I connect my 505 to the PC.
For Windows XP, see Timoleon's solution (post #2) in the following thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56075

Not sure if this will work with Vista.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
For Windows XP, see Timoleon's solution (post #2) in the following thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56075

Not sure if this will work with Vista.
I'll give it a try. Thanks.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote