Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
How to fix an epub with line space/justification problems?

HI

I have an epub article with line/line ending issues. I would like to fix so that I can read it on Kobo. Text reflowing/justification does not work as I understand that there are some issues with the endings.

I am attaching 2 column mode view here.

Any recommendations?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4h3.png
Views:	680
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	106408  
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Open the epub with Sigil and edit the .html files to fix the lines.

I can't tell you if there is an automatic way to do that without seeing the source code of the .html files but if you you post even one part of that code, perhaps it may be possible to fix it using the "Find and Replace" feature of Sigil. Or maybe you can fix the problems by editing the .css stylesheet but I can't say that if I don't see the source code.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Open the epub with Sigil and edit the .html files to fix the lines.

I can't tell you if there is an automatic way to do that without seeing the source code of the .html files but if you you post even one part of that code, perhaps it may be possible to fix it using the "Find and Replace" feature of Sigil. Or maybe you can fix the problems by editing the .css stylesheet but I can't say that if I don't see the source code.
Thanks I will try that method.
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:48 AM   #4
donald1x
donald1x began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (device, PC, Android, iPhone)
fixing line/justification problem

I have seen that problem before.

My guess is, you're trying to convert from a scanned-based document (PDF?) to the epub format?

Well, I recommend you use Calibre, the universal swiss army knife of conversion, ebook management, etc.

I won't go into much detail on how to use it as there are tons of articles in this forum on that. I just want to add that the latest (1 year?) version has a heuristic processing capability that you can just turn on, and the PDF to MOBI/EPUB conversion will not have the justification problem you mentioned.

If you still have the PDF version of the document... try it.

Good luck!

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 08-16-2013 at 02:55 AM. Reason: approved
donald1x is offline   Reply With Quote