Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #1636
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
No there is no registry data. You haven't actually said what version of calibre you are using? What does it say in the bottom left when you have calibre running?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #1637
fishwithsticks
fishwithsticks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
azw3 format (= kf8) is not readable by kindle keyboard/k3, only the touch and fire.
No, I can read it on my Kindle (I guess K3? The most recent which isn't a Touch, Fire, or Keyboard). I just can't sort it into collections.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #1638
fishwithsticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
There is a hard-coded list of valid file extensions in the code, and azw3 isn't on it. It should be straightforward to to add (you could unzip the plugin file, edit the code, and rezip if you wanted), so I will look to post an update at some point.

LOL I suppose I could if I had any idea how to do it without mucking it up completely. I think I'll keep things the way they are and just hope you have the time to update it at some point.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #1639
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwithsticks View Post
LOL I suppose I could if I had any idea how to do it without mucking it up completely. I think I'll keep things the way they are and just hope you have the time to update it at some point.
Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> Open calibre configuration folder. Go to the "plugins" subfolder, open the "Kindle Collections.zip" file. Edit the ebook.py file within it using a text editor like Notepad. Change line 34 which says this:
Code:
       if ext in ['mobi', 'azw', 'prc']:
to this:
Code:
       if ext in ['mobi', 'azw', 'prc', 'azw3']:
Close the ebook.py file, making sure it is now updated in the zip file. That's it - restart calibre and you should be good to go if meme's response was correct about that being the only change required (I haven't tested this myself).
Old 07-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #1640
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The question I have is why would this plugin need to handle AZW3? the Kindles that handle KF8 do not work with this plugin. Unless of course, Calibre is set to generate a combined KF8/Mobi file. But then you'd be putting content on your Kindle that was taking up more space then needed.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #1641
fishwithsticks

Well, I followed your instructions exactly, and was able to modify the ebook file, however it's still not working. I can't get it to reinstall without downloading the plugin again from this site, so I'm sure that's the problem.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #1642
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Close the ebook.py file, making sure it is now updated in the zip file. That's it - restart calibre and you should be good to go if meme's response was correct about that being the only change required (I haven't tested this myself).
It looks like it will need to be changed in a couple of places - but that line isn't one of them - it needs to stay as is since its only for reading the asin/title from the old pre-azw2 format.

I'll need to generate an azw3 formatted book to test on my old K3 Kindle to check that it can be read, and then test a modified version of the plugin to see if it can put it into collections. It may be easy if the azw3 header format is the same as azw2 as far as getting the asin/title. If not I'll need to look for the details of azw3 to see where they're stored.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #1643
kiwidude

Ahhh, sorry for the wrong steer, I just did a quick search for azw and it seemed a likely spot . As I said I didn't test it.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #1644
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
Quote:
@ninki - did you make sure that the *only* column you have configured to create a collection for is your new custom column? And you are restarting your Kindle after right? If you still can't figure it out, post your collection report in a spoiler so we can see your settings.
I use to be smarter, I was making a mess, it seems I was creating then all or deleting them all, but its working now
thanks a lot
Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #1645
ElkorAlish
ElkorAlish began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
No there is no registry data. You haven't actually said what version of calibre you are using? What does it say in the bottom left when you have calibre running?
v .0.8.50 portable of calibre was "installed". and the plugin installer did not like that.
switching to .0.8.59 regular install fixed the issue.

note: I did try .0.8.59 portable as well and that did not work either so the installer is gathering that info from somewhere. As the portable installation makes no regular windows installation entries I just assumed the registry on my quick reply (easily could be install location or some other variable)

Last edited by ElkorAlish; 07-08-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #1646
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Just noticed that the plugin has been downloaded over 100,000 times as of today!

Surprising, given that it only works on non-Touch Kindles, with no sign of that changing. Guess its time to look into adding azw3 filename support...
Old 07-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #1647
kiwidude

Haha, congrats meme - I wondered how long *after* it hit 100K it would take before you announced working on the next version...
Old 07-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #1648
ElkorAlish
ElkorAlish began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Just as an FYI for anybody doing searches, apparently the answer is yes. The plugin apparently does not like the version number of the portable Calibre and prefers a local install. (which worked fine, thank you... Excellent plugin!)
Old 07-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #1649
laziela
laziela began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
thanks this post is great!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #1650
isendier
isendier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Font changing on Kindle 2

Hello. I have a Kindle2i, and I am trying to install custom fonts on it. I have used the Calibre Kindle collection plugin to add a new font set (With the 4 properly-formatted font files), put them into the /fonts folder. I see the other extra settings Calibre enables (Change text width, justification, etc), but there is NO option to change to my "alt" font. Am I missing something? On firmware 2.5.8. Running Calibre 0.8.60
Closed Thread