Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
What book do you still have from your childhood?

I still have my original copy of "Dick And Jane" a reader from the late '50s.

"See Spot.
See Jane.
See Dick.
Run, Spot, run.
Ha ha ha ha."

Whooo, boy!

Wasn't there also a cat? And if so, did Spot finally kill that critter? Or did it run into the road?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I don't have any from very early childhood (though I did more recently pick up "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day). We moved fairly often and along the way had to get rid of some books.

I do have some from maybe 3-4th grade like my Little House on the Prairie paperbacks. Also, I have the Black Stallion series. From my Scholastic book orders at school I have 9 of the "Linda Craig" mystery series books (horse related again). And I have a couple of the Sunfire historical/romance for young teens they did in the 80's.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
I don't have any from very early childhood (though I did more recently pick up "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day). We moved fairly often and along the way had to get rid of some books.
Same here. For some reason it doesn't really bother me.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Alice in Wonderland.

I have fond memories of reading Alice in Wonderland and have fond memories of the person who gave the book to me.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
The Poky Little Puppy. I loved it as a child (so I've been told) and my
son loves it too. I didn't really think he would care for it all that much, but
he can't get enough.

Can't wait until he's old enough to read Le Petit Prince / The Little Prince.
Ziguezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Maurice Sendak's Nutshell Library. Great stuff.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Maurice Sendak's Nutshell Library. Great stuff.
My son also loves the "Maurice Sendak's Little Bear" animated series. I have to admit, I enjoy it myself. It has made me interested in seeking out the original books for both of us to read. Have you read them?
Old 03-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziguezon View Post
The Poky Little Puppy. I loved it as a child (so I've been told) and my
son loves it too. I didn't really think he would care for it all that much, but
he can't get enough.

Can't wait until he's old enough to read Le Petit Prince / The Little Prince.
I've never heard of that one.

In fact, as a humorous note, I at first misread that to be, "The Porky Little Puppy."

What's it about?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I have a large number of "The Boxcar Children" books. Of course, I taught elementary school and loaned them out to the kids in my classes.

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
None at all from when i was a child, but there's a paperbabk novel my grandfather gave me when I was youngish. A detective novel by Andrew Bergman that, although yellowed and dog-eared, is worth more to me than any other book I own. it was the first 'real' book I ever owned
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
The only book I have from my childhood was a book of short stories called 'Strangely Enough'. I bought it at school when they offered new books to the students to buy.

I recently saw a copy of it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Strangely-Enou...6281513&sr=1-1

As you can see I was always into the strange and macabe....even as young as 7 years.
GypsyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have an ancient, battered copy of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. It's in a form of 3D -- between each page are three or four pieces of folded card, stuck at various distances from the spin, so that each spread opens up into a sort-of stage showing the action, with the text across the bottom of the outermost bit of card.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #13
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I've never heard of that one.

In fact, as a humorous note, I at first misread that to be, "The Porky Little Puppy."

What's it about?
It's about 5 puppies who keep digging a hole under the fence to go out exploring. One of the puppies is always off poking around on his own and is late getting back home. The 4 other puppies keep getting in trouble for digging a hole under the fence and are always being sent to bed without dessert. Then the poky little puppy comes home after everyone is asleep and eats up all of the dessert himself. ( I won't say any more and ruin the ending for you )

Hmm, so then maybe the "Porky" Little Puppy would have also been an appropriate title.

"As of 2001, it was the single all-time best-selling hardcover children's book in English". (Quote from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Poky_Little_Puppy )
Old 03-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #14
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I have two books that I love from my early childhood. One is St. Exupérys "Le Petit Prince" in hardcover and another is a luxury edition of Karl May's Winnetou 1 (gifts from my adored grandpa, who was, among a lot of other things, one of the heaviest readers I ever met)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I have the "complete Tales of Uncle Remus" and I can both read it aloud and understand it. My daughter can't. Too PC a generation, I guess.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote