Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-30-2014, 02:04 AM   #91
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

if Unignore can be written on the button then it should be possible show a value in the list - either in the Misspelled or in a separate Ignored column. Then one could sort on it and see them all at a glance, and Unignore them en-masse.BR
In the mean time, I found my way around it. After I did the identification of ignored words, I sort the list by misspelled words. The ignored words will follow after the misspelled words and I only need to find the end of the listed ignored words by listening the ignore/unignore button. Then I mark them all and move them in an additional ignore-dictionary for the book.

Why I am doing this? Well, I often do not spend hours on a book. I need to save my work and do not want to start by zero again. In addition, I need an identification of words which are wrong and which one are ignored for the time I work on a book. On that way I can stop my work at any time I want. It isn’t perfect but an suitable work around for my workflow.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:35 AM   #92
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ Kovid,
Thank you very much for implementing ignored and copy to clipboard. I like this.

Is it possible to have a similar function in Manage user dictionaries (export all and / or selected words)?

An other idea for maybe some when in the future regarding dictionary functions is to display in your word listing against which dictionary a word was identified as correct spelled. This is a funktion I never did see anywhere but it is sometimes very helpful if you work with more than one dictionary. Maybe other users should think about this too, because this is an individual issue and I have no clue if this is a need for other user too.

Again, thanks for your great work. Calibre is an outstanding software with an extraordinary support.
Advert
Old 05-02-2014, 06:42 AM   #93
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome

Just FYI, since you probably installed 1.35 very soon after it was released, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1315287
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #94
Divingduck
Wizard

Thanks for this hint. I will make a new download soon.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #95
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm afraid displaying which dictionary a word matches against, is rather more work than I am willing to do. Patches welcome.

As for copying words from user dictionary to clipboard, that should be easy, but opena bug report for it, so I dont forget, right now I am totally swamped.
Advert
Old 05-02-2014, 07:06 AM   #96
Divingduck
Wizard

No problem at all. Take all the time you need. These are only some idea's for your internal list

Here it is, I open an report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1315340
Old 05-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #97
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
@ Kovid,
Thank you very much for implementing ignored and copy to clipboard. I like this.

Is it possible to have a similar function in Manage user dictionaries (export all and / or selected words)?

An other idea for maybe some when in the future regarding dictionary functions is to display in your word listing against which dictionary a word was identified as correct spelled. This is a funktion I never did see anywhere but it is sometimes very helpful if you work with more than one dictionary. Maybe other users should think about this too, because this is an individual issue and I have no clue if this is a need for other user too.

Again, thanks for your great work. Calibre is an outstanding software with an extraordinary support.
I really like having the ignore flag in the complete word list

In my scheme of must, should, and nice to haves, I would rank the "which dictionary" idea as a very nice to have.

Some items on my 'should' have list (aimed at achieving Sigil parity) are:
  • ability to exclude files from spell check;
  • auto ignore uri's (eg www˳whatever˳what, whoever@wherever˳what);
  • option to ignore tokens starting with digits eg 58.7B;
  • better treatment of hyphenated words, e.g. helter-skelter is a valid word; but helter isn't except when hyphenated with skelter, pro and noun are valid words but afaik pro-noun isn't;
  • ability to list hyphenated words via filter for hyphen (-).
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:57 AM   #98
Divingduck
Wizard

Just look into the new version. Copy to clipboard works fine. Thanks for implementing.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:47 AM   #99
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Something more ...

Would it be possible?:
Make the correction of misspelled words, from the code view, with underlined errors and a menu on the right button, more or less as in Sigil.

Second thing:
A word that appears to be incorrect: lalala.
Well, it's correct. It goes into the user dictionary (active of course).
Another incorrect word: lalale.
Well, it should be: lalala.
Replace lalale by ......
lalala is not on the list.
Only appear words of default dictionary.

In any case, Kovid, many thanks for this great editor.

Last edited by jbacelar; 05-10-2014 at 06:35 AM.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:26 AM   #100
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@jbacelar: Inline spell checking is on my TODO list.

Suggestions do not come from user dictionaries (this is a limitation of the way dictionaries have to beimplemented in hunspell).