jimmyche
jimmyche began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyche View Post
Estimated ship date: 05/05/2008.

That's still 3 weeks of waiting.
Estimated ship date have change to: on or before 05/05/2008
Hope that it gets ship out on the 4th instead. Then I will have my reader the next friday instead of the monday after.
jimmyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #77
Paradoxikon
Paradoxikon doesn't litterParadoxikon doesn't litterParadoxikon doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505S, EbookMan (10 years), COMPAQ C-140 (1 Year)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
So, Quebec makes including its citizens such a pain in the sitter-downer that most folks just exclude them?

Since Quebec's citizens (at least theoretically) choose their government, they must want a government that does this sort of thing. I'd say it seems like they're lying in the bed they wanted made.
Isn't the same true for a country south of us.
Here too, we had discussion to know if 50 % + 1 was democratic ?

Joking apart, last weekend I went to the annual Quebec book fair, and I did not see any publisher publicising a ebook. I even wonder, if some knew what it was.

May be, I should have a kiosk next year.

I am now, pretty sure that Sony does not know how to approch that market in Quebec ? In France it would be different, with Mobipocket/Amazon that seem to control the Ebook business. Even this I am not sure for being further from France than I am from you NatCH.

There is a few french site with Ebook (free).

In french (Quebec that is for me), I still not am sure if the electronic ebook will ever take form ?

Just a though!
Paradoxikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #78
shawn99
shawn99 began at the beginning.

I ordered on aprl 25th, but i called in today and they said they will haven't received stock. And, they don't carry it in dark blue? *sob*
shawn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:06 AM   #79
jimmyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn99 View Post
I ordered on aprl 25th, but i called in today and they said they will haven't received stock. And, they don't carry it in dark blue? *sob*

Yeah, the way it's on the dell's website seems like it's already instock.
However, As my previous post stated, I don't think they will have it shipped much sooner than May 5th as 6th is the offical sony release day. I have also emailed Sony.ca, Silver is all we have in Canada.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #80
jimmyche

It seems like sonystyle.ca have changed the release day from May 6th to May 12. For those of us who've ordered from Dell. Hope that we are not affected.
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #81
jimmyche

Sony just changed the description of the Ebook reader on sonystyle.ca
It's now an exclusive product that can only be purchased thru sonystyle.ca or sony store. For those of us who have pre-ordered from Dell, I wonder if we will ever get our ebook reader.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #82
hamimelon
hamimelon began at the beginning.

Device: palm tx
Question

Seems the reader is in stock at sonystyle.ca now. Hope dell will ship our orders next Monday.
hamimelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #83
Guesser
Guesser began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm sort of regretting buying that charger.. First I find out that I could have bought a cheap versatile USB adapter instead, now I'm waiting until May 8th for the charger to get in stock when otherwise the reader might be on its way

Also.. the reader appears to be out of stock at sonystyle.ca now. Rather than saying it's out of stock, it initially says nothing about it.. and you find that it's out of stock if you try to checkout with it.

Last edited by Guesser; 05-03-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Guesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #84
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I ordered two readers from Dell on the 25th. All the page says that my order has been processed. I tried to sign up to the email service for order status, but the page does not exist. Not too impressed.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #85
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesser View Post
... now I'm waiting until May 8th for the charger to get in stock when otherwise the reader might be on its way
You might try giving them a call and telling them you want to remove the charger from your order .... Stranger things have worked.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #86
Guesser
Guesser began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
You might try giving them a call and telling them you want to remove the charger from your order .... Stranger things have worked.
That sounds pretty sensible. At this point I'll stick it out now.. I think I do this kind of thing to punish myself for my bad decisions
Guesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #87
jimmyche

Anyone preordered from sony.ca got theirs shipped?

I preordered mine from Dell and the status is still shipped on or before 05/05/08.
called CSR and they have no clue when they will have that.
Since Sony is out of stock again, I wonder if Dell actually got any unit from the this first batch.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #88
shawn99
shawn99 began at the beginning.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote:
Estimated Ship Date: 05/05/2008
Currently one or more items are not available. Every effort is being made to complete your order.
shawn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #89
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesser View Post
That sounds pretty sensible. At this point I'll stick it out now.. I think I do this kind of thing to punish myself for my bad decisions
Well if you're looking for someone to give you a hard time for taking responsibility for your own decisions, you'll just have to look to someone else.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #90
mobrien0144
mobrien0144 began at the beginning.

Device: sony e book 505
I bought my Sony e-reader about a month ago and I love it. One of the best deals that I can verify is go to sony style, use the drop down for mp3 & portable eletronics,click special offers, there is a $100 credit for opening a Sony Visa credit card for all purchases $299. or more. The e-reader is $299.99 making it eligible for this credit. The bad news was, I had my bill in 2weeks, the good news...the$100 credit was on it, making the e-reader $199.99. Yea!!!
mobrien0144 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, prs-505, sony reader