Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #796
13xforever
Connoisseur
13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H₂O & iPad Pro 2020 12.9"
Hi.
I have a couple of authors that Kobo Utilities fail to update book covers for. I think it's because of the filename length and/or use of apostrophes:

Spoiler:

calibre, version 2.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u"D:\\.kobo-images\\50\\167\\file____mnt_onboard_Piekhov,_Alie ksiei_Iur'ievich_&_Bychkova,vna_&_Turchaninova,_Na tal'ia_Vladimirovna_Mastier_snov_-_Alieksiei_Iur'ievich_Piekhov_&__Bychkova_&_Natal' ia_Vladimirovna_Turchaninova_epub - AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect.parsed"

calibre 2.13 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads && Goodreads Sync && Kobo Utilities && Quality Check
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1512, in upload_covers
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2319, in _upload_covers
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2460, in _upload_cover
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u"D:\\.kobo-images\\50\\167\\file____mnt_onboard_Piekhov,_Alie ksiei_Iur'ievich_&_Bychkova,vna_&_Turchaninova,_Na tal'ia_Vladimirovna_Mastier_snov_-_Alieksiei_Iur'ievich_Piekhov_&__Bychkova_&_Natal' ia_Vladimirovna_Turchaninova_epub - AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect.parsed"

All of the authors in question are local (in Russian/Cyrillic) and the generated filenames are being automatically transliterated by Calibre, if it helps.

Calibre and all of the plugins are up to date. And this error was always there since I started using this plugin (since 1.8.0, IIRC).
13xforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #797
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
David; you might be interested in this thread over in the CC forum. Set Library Information / JSON serializable error
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #798
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13xforever View Post
Hi.
I have a couple of authors that Kobo Utilities fail to update book covers for. I think it's because of the filename length and/or use of apostrophes:

Spoiler:

calibre, version 2.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u"D:\\.kobo-images\\50\\167\\file____mnt_onboard_Piekhov,_Alie ksiei_Iur'ievich_&_Bychkova,vna_&_Turchaninova,_Na tal'ia_Vladimirovna_Mastier_snov_-_Alieksiei_Iur'ievich_Piekhov_&__Bychkova_&_Natal' ia_Vladimirovna_Turchaninova_epub - AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect.parsed"

calibre 2.13 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads && Goodreads Sync && Kobo Utilities && Quality Check
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1512, in upload_covers
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2319, in _upload_covers
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2460, in _upload_cover
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u"D:\\.kobo-images\\50\\167\\file____mnt_onboard_Piekhov,_Alie ksiei_Iur'ievich_&_Bychkova,vna_&_Turchaninova,_Na tal'ia_Vladimirovna_Mastier_snov_-_Alieksiei_Iur'ievich_Piekhov_&__Bychkova_&_Natal' ia_Vladimirovna_Turchaninova_epub - AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect.parsed"

All of the authors in question are local (in Russian/Cyrillic) and the generated filenames are being automatically transliterated by Calibre, if it helps.

Calibre and all of the plugins are up to date. And this error was always there since I started using this plugin (since 1.8.0, IIRC).
It might be the locale, but, I think it's a path length problem. The partition FAT32, and that name is right on the edge of the lengths. I need to check the maximum length I have set in the driver. I think I worked it out before Kobo added the "AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect" cover format. That is probably making the path to long.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #799
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
David; you might be interested in this thread over in the CC forum. Set Library Information / JSON serializable error
I've had a very quick look and I can't see code that might do what Chaley suggests. And so far I haven't seen the problem in my files. But, I don't use CC. Can you send me a copy of the file with the error so I can look at it?

I also made a lot of changes over the last week. I don't remember going near this, but, I did refactor some code. And add a couple of new functions. And even updated the help! I'll probably put up a beta with this tonight.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #800
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It might be the locale, but, I think it's a path length problem. The partition FAT32, and that name is right on the edge of the lengths. I need to check the maximum length I have set in the driver. I think I worked it out before Kobo added the "AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect" cover format. That is probably making the path to long.
OK, I have done some testing and it is the length of the path. I hadn't taken into account longer cover image name. But, this isn't used anymore, so I will remove it.
Advert
Old 12-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #801
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Remove annotation files and Related books

Here is another beta with two new functions:
  • Remove Annotation files
    This is to remove the annotations files created when reading ePubs on the main memory. This is useful because of the bug when reopening epubs and the annotations list gets messed up. Also, the device doesn't delete the files, so if you send a book again, it can reopen with the old annotations. Of course, that can be handy.

There are several options for which files to remove. Personally, I just remove them all.
  • Set Related Books
    He details screen for books has a tab for "Related books". For books from Kobo, this is populated with books that Kobo think are related. This can be books in the same series, by the same author, genre or something else. For sideloaded books, the tab is there, but it is empty.

This function sets the related books for sideloaded books. They can be set to either series or authors. When the function is selected, it displays a dialog with these options. Select which is desired and press "Get list". This displays the list of series or authors with a count of books. The list can be edited. When "OK" is pressed, all books in author or series in the list have all the other books added as a related book entry.

The dialog also has a "Delete All" button. Pressing this will remove all the related book entries for all sideloaded books.

This is an alternative to creating a shelf for the series. But, I'm not sure how useful it is. Getting to the related books takes a bit and it only shows a small cover image.

I also did some work on the help. It still needs a lot of work, but it is better than it was. I also created an ePub from it, but mainly because I was using the calibre editor to write it.

As usual, I am interested in any reports on the new or existing function. Bugs with details of what went wrong will help me fix it. And any suggestions for improvements are welcome. But, I don't promise to implement them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-beta-1.8.11.zip (197.8 KB, 378 views)
File Type: epub KoboUtilities_Help.epub (15.7 KB, 382 views)
Old 12-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #802
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

David; attached find two debug log files. Both are from the same sequence of operations
  1. Start Calibre in Debug mode
  2. Attach Nexus 7 via Calibre Companion as Wireless Device
  3. Disconnect Calibre Companion (using menu option within Calibre Companion)
  4. Attach Kobo Glo
  5. Disconnect Kobo Glo
  6. Attach Nexus 7 via Calibre Companion as Wireless Device
  7. Disconnect Calibre Companion (using menu option within Calibre Companion)

In one case, Kobo Utilities was configured NOT to backup reading location; in the other case, Kobo Utilities was configured to backup reading location.

With the reading location being stored, the second attach of the Nexus 7 via Calibre Companion fails.

Not sure how to proceed from here.

Would you like me to try with a cleaner calibre environment (ie, calibre portable and possibly the production version of Kobo Utilities as opposed to the beta version)?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Kobo_Util_set_to_NOT_store.txt (64.7 KB, 344 views)
File Type: txt Kobo_Util_set_to_store.txt (64.8 KB, 349 views)
Old 12-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #803
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

OK.. I retried with a simplified calibre portable installation and the production version of the utilities. Exact same error.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Kobo_Portable_Prod_Util_set_to_NOT_store.txt (28.8 KB, 359 views)
File Type: txt Kobo_Portable_Prod_Util_set_to_store.txt (34.3 KB, 363 views)
Old 12-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #804
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Ok, I've installed the 1.8.11 beta and I've managed to get it to blow up good.

Code:
calibre, version 2.14.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:can't compare datetime.datetime to NoneType

calibre 2.14  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Hyphenate This! && Favourites Menu && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && Count Pages && Manage Series && Kobo Utilities && Obok DeDRM && Find Duplicates && EpubSplit && Quality Check && Modify ePub
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 786, in handle_bookmarks
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1001, in store_current_bookmark
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 3612, in _store_current_bookmark
TypeError: can't compare datetime.datetime to NoneType
I did a store or restore bookmarke and had store, clear if unread, Only if more recent, and Not if Finished in library all checked.

I also selected ondevice:true and then selected the entire list to update the custom fields. Only one book had any values in the custom fields.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #805
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In Store or Restore Bookmark, there should be options to clear the custom fields for any selected books and for any books no on the Reader.

Without this, we get a mess of in the custom fields that we might not want to keep.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #806
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've tested "Remove Annotation Files => Empty" and I've got a fail: "Fail: Cleaning image directory" and the following log:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 2.14.0 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Se produjo un fallo al comprobar el directorio de portadas en el dispositivo: Fallo: Limpiando el directorio de imágenes

Limpiando el directorio de imágenes
DeDRM v6.1.0: In __init__
DeDRM v6.1.0: In load_resources
DeDRM v6.1.0: verdir C:\Users\Marisa\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\De DRM\6.1.0
DeDRM v6.1.0: In initialize
Python function terminated unexpectedly
bad character range (Error Code: 1)
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 193, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 133, in arbitrary_n
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 656, in do_remove_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 567, in _remove_extra_files
File "glob.py", line 27, in glob
File "glob.py", line 59, in iglob
File "glob.py", line 78, in glob1
File "fnmatch.py", line 54, in filter
File "re.py", line 190, in compile
File "re.py", line 244, in _compile
sre_constants.error: bad character range

Note: The failure text is "similar" as I'm using the Spanish version.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #807
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

David; chaley has a change committed that he thought might fix the json error. I tried running from source but it didn't seem to work. https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/pull/351
Old 12-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #808
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
David; attached find two debug log files. Both are from the same sequence of operations
  1. Start Calibre in Debug mode
  2. Attach Nexus 7 via Calibre Companion as Wireless Device
  3. Disconnect Calibre Companion (using menu option within Calibre Companion)
  4. Attach Kobo Glo
  5. Disconnect Kobo Glo
  6. Attach Nexus 7 via Calibre Companion as Wireless Device
  7. Disconnect Calibre Companion (using menu option within Calibre Companion)

In one case, Kobo Utilities was configured NOT to backup reading location; in the other case, Kobo Utilities was configured to backup reading location.

With the reading location being stored, the second attach of the Nexus 7 via Calibre Companion fails.

Not sure how to proceed from here.

Would you like me to try with a cleaner calibre environment (ie, calibre portable and possibly the production version of Kobo Utilities as opposed to the beta version)?
OK, I can see the error in the log. Is the timestamp the last read time of a book or the current time? In one file it is "2014, 12, 29, 13, 32, 26" and the other "2014, 12, 29, 14, 28, 23".

Could you try the manual, non-background store? I think it will have the same error, but it does use a different code path, so maybe it won't.

I just got an Android phone, so hopefully I can reproduce it with that. But, it might be the weekend before I can try.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #809
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In Store or Restore Bookmark, there should be options to clear the custom fields for any selected books and for any books no on the Reader.

Without this, we get a mess of in the custom fields that we might not want to keep.
What "mess"? The columns show the state of the books. If the books are no longer on the device, the status is valid. You can send the books to the device again and then send the status to restart where you were before. Or to mark the books as read. The latter I use when I get a new book in a series. If I have removed the earlier books from the device, I resend all books in the series in case I want to check something. But, I restore the device has them as read.

But, yes, I have considered adding this. I haven't bothered to because I can clear all the fields easily enough using the metadata editor. And so far the only reasons I have needed to do this has been to reset the status while testing the plugin. That makes it a very low priority for me. If I get a few people clamouring for it, maybe that will change.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #810
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

OK... Issue is related to the background store option.

Time stamp shown is the last read time.

If I do a non-background store, no issue.
If I do a background store, failure.

(Both runs in the same attached log; calibre restarted between runs)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Kobo_Portable_Prod_Util_Manual_store.txt (70.3 KB, 347 views)

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities