Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-14-2014, 03:09 AM   #736
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Spanish translations attached. I like Peter's ideas about the common options and I have a comment. I think a warning you're going to lose the previous configuration would be nice .
Attached Files
File Type: zip es_translation.zip (31.0 KB, 383 views)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:51 AM   #737
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Spanish translations attached.
Thank you.
Quote:
I like Peter's ideas about the common options and I have a comment.
Quote:
I'm definitely doing that.
I think a warning you're going to lose the previous configuration would be nice .
Yes, I forgot to mention that in my post. I can do that when I do the official release, but I don't know how many people actually read those posts. I might have a look at migrating the current settings to a default profile.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #738
ebookskippy
ebookskippy began at the beginning.

Device: KoboTouch & Aura N514
Hello David,
I just tried your new plugin and got an error.
Attached you will find the log
Attached Files
File Type: txt DavidFor - Error Log - New Plugin.txt (21.0 KB, 742 views)
ebookskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:19 AM   #739
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That was pretty stupid. I forgot to recheck with no profiles.

Attached is another beta. The changes are:

- Fixed the name of one of the options. This will mean you need to reselect the percent read column.
- Updated the Spanish translation. Thanks Terisa.
- Fixed this problem when there are not profiles.

The version number is 1.8.7.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-beta-1.8.7.zip (185.0 KB, 385 views)
Old 12-14-2014, 08:30 AM   #740
ebookskippy

Hello David,
no more problems.

Thanks very much -Peter-
Advert
Old 12-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #741
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
With the beta plugin, do we need profiles if we are only managing one Kobo device?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #742
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any easy way to purge the settings from the original Utilities plugin? When I go to Customize Plugin | Other | View library preferences I get
Spoiler:
Code:
{
  "currentReadingLocationColumn": "#koboreadloc", 
  "lastReadColumn": "#kobolastread", 
  "precentReadColumn": "#koboreadpct", 
  "profiles": {
    "Touch": {
      "profileName": "Touch", 
      "backupOptionsStore": {
        "doDailyBackp": false, 
        "backupCopiesToKeepSpin": 30, 
        "backupEachCOnnection": true, 
        "backupDestDirectory": "D:/Backup/KoboDBBackup"
      }, 
      "updateOptionsStore": {
        "doEarlyFirmwareUpdate": true, 
        "firmwareUpdateCheckLastTime": 0, 
        "doFirmwareUpdateCheck": true
      }, 
      "customColumnOptions": {
        "currentReadingLocationColumn": "#touch_readloc", 
        "lastReadColumn": "#touch_lastread", 
        "ratingColumn": "#touch_rating", 
        "percentReadColumn": "#touch_readpct"
      }, 
      "storeOptionsStore": {
        "storeIfMoreRecent": false, 
        "doNotStoreIfReopened": false, 
        "promptToStore": true, 
        "storeOnConnect": true
      }, 
      "forDevice": "95ff9263-3fa7-4908-9534-4bce78d692af"
    }, 
    "Mini": {
      "profileName": "Mini", 
      }, 
      }, 
        "currentReadingLocationColumn": "#mini_readloc", 
        "lastReadColumn": "#mini_lastread", 
        "ratingColumn": "#mini_rating", 
        "percentReadColumn": "#mini_readpct"
      }, 
      }, 
      "forDevice": "505bf122-0781-48f0-b0e9-0995f3b9ea72"
    }, 
    "Glo": {
      "profileName": "Glo", 
      }, 
      }, 
        "currentReadingLocationColumn": "#koboreadloc", 
        "lastReadColumn": "#kobolastread", 
        "ratingColumn": "#koborating", 
        "percentReadColumn": "#koboreadpct"
      }, 
      }, 
      "forDevice": "8f386bf8-d715-461b-8adb-39dff3b7a930"
    }
  }, 
  "ratingColumn": "#koborating"
}

which I think also has the non beta settings in it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #743
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Any easy way to purge the settings from the original Utilities plugin?
I'm guessing here but I think plugin stored config settings are usually stored in the .json file for that particular plugin. So in this case perhaps, with calibre shut down, try deleting calibre config/plugins/Kobo Utilities.json ... copying it somewhere safe beforehand, of course

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-14-2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: wrong
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #744
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Nope.. some of the settings are in the database itself.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #745
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
OK, sorry. That's what you get for guessing.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #746
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

It's combination of the json file and the database. Library specific settings are in the database. The profile with the custom columns names are library specific because the custom columns could be different. The list of devices is not library specific, so they will be in the json file.

The left-over options are because of a little bit of lazy programming. The options are read and then whatever is needed to be changed is changed and then saved. Nothing is clearing the old options from the in-memory copy, so they are saved as well. They won't harm anything as the code won't be looking at them. But, I'll give a little thought to a cleanup.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #747
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
With the beta plugin, do we need profiles if we are only managing one Kobo device?
You need at least one profile. Create it with the device as "*Any Device".
Old 12-15-2014, 01:59 AM   #748
ebookskippy

Hello David,
another question: Is there a way to remove or change one or more entries from the "Library" option on the home screen ?
Eg: I don't like "Articles from pocket" / "Previews"
and delete them or instead
I choose a shelf from "My Collection" just like "Python" or ....

Thanks for your advice -Peter-
Old 12-15-2014, 04:50 AM   #749
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Fiddling with the menu options isn't something the plugin can do. It might be possible with a patch to the firmware executables. I suggest asking in the patch thread in the Kobo Developer's forum.

Having said that, have you tried Pocket? It's a great way to save web pages to read later.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:11 AM   #750
ebookskippy

Thanks David,
pity; I thought there would be a solution similar to "Dismis tiles from ....." .
Nevertheless, many thanks.
-Peter-

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities