Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
cletus
cletus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
PRS-505 and SD cards

I bought the PRS-505 just after it came out in October (although it took Adorama over a month to get stock) and think its great. I showed it to my family today and my sister wants to get one for her son's birthday, which I think is a good idea. Whereas the internal memory is enough for me (<1M files from converted LIT files from the excellent Convert LIT program) as I'll always be near a computer. He won't necessarily be so I'd like to get him an SD card. It might be a useful way of me getting books to him to (he lives in a reasonably remote area).

So I have a few questions:

- What's the largest capacity SD card it can take?

- Does it support SDHC cards?

- Can I load books on a card and send the card to him? I'm guessing not since the Reader's database probably needs to be updated but I thought I'd check anyway.

- Oh and can I get a PSP charger and use that to charge it? I read another thread that suggested that might be the case. One thing is we live in Australia and had to order it from the US plus the 505 comes with no charger.
cletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
- What's the largest capacity SD card it can take?
2GB.

Quote:
- Does it support SDHC cards?
No.

Quote:
Can I load books on a card and send the card to him?
Yes.

Quote:
- Oh and can I get a PSP charger and use that to charge it?
Yes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2008, 06:51 AM   #3
minipepe
minipepe began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
This answers a questions I've been pondering also. Thanks.
minipepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 AM   #4
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
But it will handle much larger Memory Cards, so forego the SD card (or buy the 2GB maximum size) and get the 8GB memory stick -- that way you can put everybook which has ever been converted to sony format plus the complete project gutenberg library and still have room for a vast MP3 library (if your son desires). (I may exaggerate a little.)

But if a larger library is your desire, get the memory stick and have more than enough storage space.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote