Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Kobo 50% off voucher till 30 Sept

Okay, so the Spring ebook sale is on NOW!!!

Bargainmousse Canada has got 2 x Kobo voucher codes happening, both valid till (and including) 30 September:

Sept50
Multiuse

B2S50
Single use

Whooopppeeee ......

For those unfamiliar with the Mobileread Kobo discount thread you'll find it here.

Please give GOAT, the original poster and updater of the codes on page 1, post 1 - the rich Karma he/she deserves!!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those Kindle users unfamiliar with buying Kobo ebooks and using on their Kindle ereader this is how to do it:

- download Sony Reader for PC or Adobe Digital Editions (for PC) - because you need to download the Kobo ebook into a PC reader first off

- buy EPUB ebook from Kobo

- download it into your Sony Reader for PC or ADE

- after opening newly downloaded ebook ensure that it's working then open Calibre and import into Calibre where it does it's Alf thing

- then convert EPUB to the Amazon format of choice

- then transfer to your Kindle

Easy peasy
Old 09-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yes, I did this for 6 or 7 books today. So annoying, dealing with ADE. When I opened them up with the Calibre Sigil plug in, some of the files were mixed up in some of the books! Gah! Fortunately, it's easy to fix with Sigil. Then convert to AZW3 and put on my Kindle, perfecto!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You have to have the special de-DRM plugins for Calibre for this to work, though.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Oh great. Now I'm going to have to go and spend some money even though I don't really need more books in particular!
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Yes, I did this for 6 or 7 books today. So annoying, dealing with ADE. When I opened them up with the Calibre Sigil plug in, some of the files were mixed up in some of the books! Gah! Fortunately, it's easy to fix with Sigil. Then convert to AZW3 and put on my Kindle, perfecto!
Oh yep, I avoid ADE like the plague - I only use the Sony Reader for PC and have it as my default PC ereader so that all my EPUBS, DRM free and those with DRM (including elibrary books) get downloaded into it.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
You have to have the special de-DRM plugins for Calibre for this to work, though.
Yep, for those who haven't tried this before they need to have Calibre installed and visit Apprentice Alf's web site to get it all together.

Calibre and Apprentice Alf are wonderful friends and very much worth the effort imo
Old 09-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Lol, the temptation is overwhelming isn't!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Oh great. Now I'm going to have to go and spend some money even though I don't really need more books in particular!
There's no such thing as having too many books!

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
This is the first time I'm actually buying a book from Kobo...is there a trick to where I can actually use the code? Or is only for select books?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out

Last edited by buffaloseven; 09-14-2013 at 09:46 PM.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I gotta say though, I'm a little peeved at most of Kobo's pricing. Very often a book that is 8.99 on Amazon is 14 or 15 dollars on Kobo. That makes the 50% coupon more like a 10% coupon if you're platform agnostic. It's still cheaper than Amazon but if I knew I was really only going to get a 15% discount I wouldn't have bothered even turning on my computer.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Yeah, I'm a bit peeved off at the moment about Kobo's sale too .... because now that the Kobo Aus Kobo site has changed to this blood awful 'new' Kobo look I didn't know that I was buying a kepub only book. Yucko, I certainly wouldn't have fallen for that trap!!

I've just checked Amazon's pricing on the book and it's $15.37 USD.

I paid Koobo AUD$9.69 and that's including the 50% off voucher.

For the additional money I would've bought the Amazon version and not had the hassle with the ebook being in kepub only format.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #13
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
I love it. Thanks !
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #14
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Yeah, I'm a bit peeved off at the moment about Kobo's sale too .... because now that the Kobo Aus Kobo site has changed to this blood awful 'new' Kobo look I didn't know that I was buying a kepub only book. Yucko, I certainly wouldn't have fallen for that trap!!

I've just checked Amazon's pricing on the book and it's $15.37 USD.

I paid Koobo AUD$9.69 and that's including the 50% off voucher.

For the additional money I would've bought the Amazon version and not had the hassle with the ebook being in kepub only format.
Can you not convert a KEPUB to a EPUB?
Old 09-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #15
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Yep, I just cracked it ..... yippppeee

It's in this thread.