Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-25-2005, 06:37 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Google Gmail Account Sizes Are Growing

I've accidently stumbled upon a fun fact about Google's gmail site... they have a rolling counter of the size of email account storage, and it's growing continuously. Here's the latest quote from the front page... (If you are a registered user, you'll need to log out first to see it.)
Quote:
[size=-1]2131.430241 megabytes (and counting) of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message.[/size]
It shows 2131 at the bottom of my inbox page also, so it seems that Google is growing the account storage allocations in some kind of slow incremental fashion. I like it!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
What you're seeing no-doubt, is their algorithm calculating how much space is saved by consolidating pointers to duplicate messages/files/material stored on their shards. Its all basically a shared pool of free space that anyone has available to them... interesting idea though, and it gives me an idea for a project I've been working on. </stealthmode>
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Just as a quick note, that counter's been running since April 1st continuously. It ran up a gig on Apr. 1st, and slowly ever since.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:07 AM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It's actually growing faster than the email I keep at the moment, so if it continues, I may never run out of space, lol

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote