Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #151
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

Device: Kobo Touch
Is it possible to add icons/buttons to the menu that is displayed when you touch the screen center when reading a book?
If that is possible it would be nice to have sleep and power off buttons there, so you don't have to go to the home screen for software controlled sleep/power down.

Regards
Aydan

Last edited by Aydan; 02-27-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: typo
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #152
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Here you can find the Spanish translation.
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Is it possible to add icons/buttons to the menu that is displayed when you touch the screen center when reading a book?
If that is possible it would be nice to have sleep and power off buttons there, so you don't have to go to the home screen for software controlled sleep/power down.
I added that to the wish list.

Quote:
No, if you need it and you can send me the complete text in english, then i'll supply you with the italian localization.
If you want to do the italian translation that would be great.

There's a nice tool for doing the translations called "Linguist" which greatly simplifies this process. You can find out how to use it here: http://developer.qt.nokia.com/doc/qt...anslators.html

So the overall process is roughly as follows:
  1. Get the Tweaks source code.
    You can find it here: https://github.com/ah-/koboplugins/zipball/master and extract it somewhere.
  2. Install Qt Linguist
    Download Qt from here: http://qt.nokia.com/downloads
    Use the online installer and at the second step of the installation, choose "Custom" as the installation type. Then deselect everything except Development Tools/Qt Linguist and finish the installation.
    Of course you can also install everything, but for the translation Qt Linguist is all you need.
  3. Do the translation
    Open Qt Linguist, and then open "src/tweaks/koboplugins.it.ts" from the Tweaks source code folder. It should roughly look like in the documentation of linguist: http://developer.qt.nokia.com/doc/qt...anslators.html

You can also have a look at koboplugins.de.ts to see how it should look like when it's translated.

Then translate everything and send me the resulting koboplugins.it.ts.

Also there's a new release available at https://github.com/ah-/koboplugins/downloads with a new icon (thanks to voom) and updated spanish and french translations (thanks to Terisa de morgan and quek1982). Installation is as always.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tweaks-12-02-27.zip (71.9 KB, 295 views)
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #153
pbat
pbat began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Ready. How to send it to You?
pbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #154
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Wow that was fast, I didn't expect that .

Just attach it here in the forum, there's a button "Manage Attachments" unter the text intput box.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #155
pbat

italian localization

ok, this is the zipped italian localization linquist file. i added a string in the name in order to set a reference for future implementations. hope i used well this qt linquist.
thanks
p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
Wow that was fast, I didn't expect that .

Just attach it here in the forum, there's a button "Manage Attachments" unter the text intput box.
Attached Files
File Type: zip koboplugins.it_PB_120228.ts.zip (1.9 KB, 220 views)
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #156
ah-
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat View Post
ok, this is the zipped italian localization linquist file. i added a string in the name in order to set a reference for future implementations. hope i used well this qt linquist.
thanks
p
It's working great! The new version with the Italian localization is up at https://github.com/ah-/koboplugins/wiki/Kobo-Tweaks

Or for those who already know how it works: https://github.com/ah-/koboplugins/downloads
Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #157
pbat

[QUOTE=ah-;1985543]It's working great! The new version with the Italian localization is up at https://github.com/ah-/koboplugins/wiki/Kobo-Tweaks

great! please let me know if/when new versions of the Plugin will be available, so i can update the translation. Thanks, p.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #158
kyriu
kyriu began at the beginning.

European portuguese translation in attach.

cheers,
Attached Files
File Type: zip koboplugins.pt.ts.zip (2.0 KB, 202 views)
kyriu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #159
CNL
CNL began at the beginning.

Device: KT2, libra H2O
I have bookmarked your github page

The remove recommendations option is amazing, back to the old home screen for me.
CNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #160
ah-
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriu View Post
European portuguese translation in attach.

cheers,
Thanks! I honestly have no idea if it actually works because I don't have Portuguese as a selectable language on my Kobo Touch, but I added it. You can get the new zip at https://github.com/ah-/koboplugins/downloads.

Quote:
I have bookmarked your github page

The remove recommendations option is amazing, back to the old home screen for me.
I'm happy when people like it
Old 03-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #161
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
I installed the latest Tweaks, booted it, and activated Bookshelves as that is the one important feature I want on the Kobo. It took me awhile to get to the actual function (Home > Library > Books > Create Shelf...). Now, I gather from earlier posts on this thread that Tweaks activates a bookshelves function already part of the Kobo firmware but not turned on by Kobo as they're still working on it (?). Any news on how similarly/differently shelves will work when it is released?

My basic concern is whether it is worthwhile spending the time now to create and fill shelves, or will all that have to be done again when shelves is official?
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #162
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I attach you the completed Spanish translation (I sued QtLinguist as you said before).
Attached Files
File Type: rar koboplugins.es.rar (1.9 KB, 201 views)
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #163
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

New version is up at
https://github.com/downloads/ah-/kob...s-12-03-05.zip

Changes:
- Added support for Sleep Button in Menu + Tweaks Dialog
- Added support for Dictionary/Browser/Sleep Button in Reading Menu
(currently only settable via koboplugins.ini)
Code:
[Reader]
tweakFooter=1
showBrowser=1
showLibrary=1
showSleep=1
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #164
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
Changes:
- Added support for Sleep Button in Menu + Tweaks Dialog
- Added support for Dictionary/Browser/Sleep Button in Reading Menu
(currently only settable via koboplugins.ini)
Fantastic.

It's so wonderful to be able to wish for something and to actually see it realized.

Uhm... if I may wish for something else... I would love to see a "Power Off" button in the Reading Menu as well, if that's possible.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #165
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

Just tried yesterdays version, which is actually my first try of the tweaks and it work nicely.
I noticed that the footer of the reading menu is getting cluttered with the three additional icons. Is it possible to put icons in the header as well?

Regards
Aydan
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote