Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
NMinker
NMinker began at the beginning.

Device: iTouch
Question Converting txt to epub, chapter heading contains number

I'm sure this has been asked before, but using Google got me dead ends.

I'm using calibre to convert a txt to epub. And the chapter headings are just the chapter numbers (i.e. One, Two, Ten, Twenty-Three, etc).

I'm using this code to detect chapters:
Code:
//*[((name()='p') and re:test(., 'chapter', 'i'))]
The current detection code doesn't detect chapters properly.

I need help to improve the code to work for my means, so I don't have to painfully add every chapter to the ToC.

Thanks ahead for any help.
NMinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The xpath you're using looks for p tags which have the word chapter in them. This isn't going to work in your case because you're chapter headings are all numbers.

Try enabling Heuristic processing and only set the unformatted detect chapter heading option. It may be able to detect the heading due to the line length.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
JohnnyNonsense
JohnnyNonsense began at the beginning.

Device: none
You've probably figured out a solution by now, but one possible solution is to first annotate your text file with Markdown. This may be as simple as putting a single "#" before your title (to place it in an h1 tag), and a "##" before each chapter to put them in h2 tags.
JohnnyNonsense is offline   Reply With Quote