Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
ojleblanc
Enthusiast
ojleblanc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/Sony Reader
Iraq Study Group Report?

Has anyone looked at it on the Reader? If so, how does it look?

I don't have time to try it in the next few days, but I'm curious to know if it's possible to read it on the Reader?

Relatedly, I'm surprised the Sony Connect Store doesn't have the 9/11 Commission Report. I wonder if it will offer the Iraq Study Group Report.

Last edited by ojleblanc; 12-06-2006 at 07:01 PM.
ojleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
http://www.usip.org/isg/iraq_study_g...oup_report.pdf
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
It is readable on iLiad's screen. Well, it's content is another story.
I'm not a big fan of the font Times New Roman.
I have a overwhelming desire to use iLiad's stylus to scribble on it, mark section as wrong, stuff like that.

pdf file has no hyperlinks [created with Word on Mac OS].
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
comment about the report on ebookmark

hi

you can use the ebookmark ebook rating and reviewing website to share your comments about the report.
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #5
Fugubot
Connoisseur
Fugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watch

Device: Sony Reader
Report in rtf format

I reformatted from the PDF. It looks fine on my Reader.

I exported it from Acrobat and resaved it in MSWORD. Let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still learning how to make files Reader-friendly.
Attached Files
File Type: rtf iraq_study_group_report.rtf (390.4 KB, 511 views)
Fugubot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #6
ojleblanc
Enthusiast

Thanks, Fugubot! I look forward to taking a look at it this weekend.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Silk Pagoda has a Reader formatted version of the report available for $0.00

Sorry, they don't have an iLiad version.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #8
ojleblanc
Enthusiast

Is it much different than the one Fugubot created?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think it's an LRF format, otherwise I'd expect not.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #10
ojleblanc
Enthusiast

Audible.com is offering the report as an audiobook for free until Dec. 20th for registered customers.

I have say, I'm more than a bit disappointed that Sony has not formatted the ISG Report for the Reader and made it available (either for free or for purchase) via the Connect Store. I have just spent the last 1.5 hours trying to produce a nicely formatted copy. I began with the RTF copy provided by Fugubot, but the font is too small for me, and enlarging it produced poor results. I then downloaded the copy from Silk Pagoda, but the text is kind of light. I then tried Book Designer (the use a different font than the one in the Silk Pagoda version), but there are pagination problems; I know a fix is coming.

Now that Audible.com is doing what it can to get this government report into people's hands, I'm a little surprised Sony hasn't made a similar move. And my complaint is not about a free vs. a commercial copy. It's that there is no copy formatted nicely for the Reader, nor is there a copy of the 9/11 Commission Report even if I wanted to buy it (and I would). I don't want to have to print it out or buy a paper copy given that I have a Reader.

Last edited by ojleblanc; 12-09-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #11
cmumford
Connoisseur
cmumford began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Attached is a conversion of iraq_study_group_report.pdf into RTF format. I haven't found any of the PDF's to be that readable on the reader so far.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ISG.zip (106.7 KB, 332 views)
cmumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #12
ojleblanc
Enthusiast

Awesome, cmumford! Many thanks.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #13
cmumford
Connoisseur
cmumford began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
BTW I just noticed that it is now for sale on the CONNECT store for $3.96. That is if you're just dying to pay for the book :-)
cmumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:10 PM   #14
jpchan
jpchan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmumford
BTW I just noticed that it is now for sale on the CONNECT store for $3.96. That is if you're just dying to pay for the book :-)

If you by the dead tree version a portion of the proceeds goes to a vet/family of vets support group. I wonder if the same applys to the online version.
jpchan is offline   Reply With Quote