Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
sipig
sipig began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Reader Library Software Not Working Correctly After Update to Latest Version

Connected my PRS-600 to my PC this morning. All working fine. Got a notification that new version of Reader Library software available so installed new version.

Now Reader Library does not work. It IS running, as I can see it in Task Manager, but nothing on the screen.

Have tried a system restore, reinstall of Reader s/w, uninstall and install of version that comes on the PRS-600, the DEP and DHCP 'solutions' suggested in other posts on this forum. All with no success.

I am running Windows 7 Professional on a brand new (less than 4 weeks) Dell desktop machine.

Anyone got any suggestions?
sipig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
purple_kathryn
Mostly harmless
purple_kathryn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi

Also having the same problem. (but with a PRS505)

Had bought and downloaded a couple of books through ADE. Wanted to put them into the folders i have on my SD card. So as per usual shut down the library, unconnected the ereader.

Reconnected, library pops up, wants to download an update. Click okay, now the download froze before finishing, which seemed to remove the library from my computer. No probs went to the website to download. Seem to install fine but the library just will not open.

Also tried uninstall, reinstall, system restore, the DEP thing, using the original version from the CD (which opened but wouldn't recognise that the ereader was connected to the computer). It just will not launch. It sits in task manager but no programme opens up.

As far as I can tell it's nothing to do with the ereader itself as the library refuses to open even when it's not connected.

Stayed up to 12 last night trying to fix it to no avail
purple_kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert