Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
rstolli
rstolli began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Skip Read-Only partitions

I have problems getting my PRS-T1 connected.
After some research I figured it's a read-only partition on the SD-card thats causing the trouble. However, in contrast to other posts: the partition is "deliberately" read-only, so reformatting/... won't help.

Background: I rooted the PRS-T1, then created an ext2 partition on the SD-Card to transfer Applications using Link2SD. However, I'm a Mac user, so creating the ext2 was done booting a gparted-live. Now, I can mount the ext2 partition in MacOSX using MacFuse/fuse-ext2 but thats read-only!

Problem: When connecting the PRS-T1 with Calibre running I get the file-system read-only error. When connecting the PRS-T1, dismount the ext2 partition, then start Calibre, the device is recognized correctly but Calibre reports the books.db on the /READER partition (FAT32, on the PRS-T1) as corrupted. Deleting the books.db doesn't help.

Solution?
Is it possible to have Calibre simply ignore the read-only partition, as it seems to ignore the SETTINGS partition on the PRS-T1?
(I don't need the ext2 partition to be accessed by Calibre.)

Help would be appreciated. Until then I'll try to get it running using the folder plugin.
rstolli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ext2, prst1, read-only