Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
tonyleparker
Edge User

Flipping the LCD screen around ( performance )

I'm using the eDGe as it is intended and I'm happy with it, but I have a question.

I'm reading the e-ink side and the LCD is turned all the way around ( facing the opposite direction ).

If the eDGe is in my lap and my body is touching the LCD screen (it's in my lap ), does this affect responsiveness from the e-ink side when I use the stylus? It's seem to respond slower ( sometimes not at all ? ).

Can I turn off the LCD screen so that the touchscreen does not react to any touch?

Thanks.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Lock the screen

If you hit the little x looking symbol in the corner you will see a padlock on the menu the pops up. Hit that and your LCD screen is locked and the touch won't affect it. Saves battery life too, as the biggest drain is the LCD screen.

Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
tonyleparker
Edge User

Uhm.....wow...thank you. I apologize, I did not rtfm.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

It's all good, I was excited to start using mine too.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
maynard
Edge User

But button presses will reactivate the screen. If you're reading on the eink side and fold the device so that the LCD is facing backwards, it's pretty easy to press one of the side buttons and reactivate the screen backlight.

Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
cheyennedonna
Edge User

If you press a button accidently it will light the screen again, but it remains locked until you repress menu. The light will go out again if you don't.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
devseev
Edge User

Occasionally I find that even when the LCD is locked and powered off, it still reacts to touch.. I notice this in particular when suddenly the e-ink screen stops responding, and I realize that something is in contact with the LCD. Doesn't happen often though.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
10tklz
Edge User

I haven't noticed a performance lag on the e-ink side when accidentally touching the LCD screen while it's locked. Are others noticing this as well?