Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2016, 08:26 PM   #1
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Syncing from Kindle for PC

This old fellow needs some advice. My Sony PRST1 recently died and I purchased a Kindle Paperwhite3. When using my Sony, I used to download books to 'Kindle for PC' and then via Calibre I would put them onto my Sony

When i got my Kindle and had WiFi switched on, it appears all the 550odd books I have in 'Kindle for PC' downloaded as 'Book Covers' onto my Kindle, and then I have to download any I wish to read. As I have read many of the books, I didn't really want all the 'Titles" onto my Kindle. If they were actual books, and not just covers, I guess i could delete them.?

I assume that this has happened due to my ignorance of the syncing system.

Can anyone give me some help in sorting this out please. I hope I have explained this clearly enough for a reply.?
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:31 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The trick to not seeing those covers is to switch your Kindle to show only "downloaded' ebooks.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Thanks. It's easy when you know how.

When ALL downloaded covers are showing, is there any way to indicate which have been read.? Also, perhaps you could tell me why a lot of the covers show with pictures, and some don't, even though they all show with pictures in 'Kindle for PC'.?

Last edited by Nicko; 12-31-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:03 AM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Some people make a collection of the books they've read and if you sort by collections you'll see them together there and no-where else. It'll be a pretty big job moving your read books into a collection but it will solve the problem.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:19 AM   #5
Nicko
Groupie

Thanks Barry. I will have a shot at doing that.
Advert