Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #16
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmspen View Post
Try re-installing with any protection programs off like anti-virus, etc.

For safety, download the file too your desktop (Save target as...) unhook from th einternet then turn off the protection and try an install.

I fthat doesn't work, try installing in Safe Mode.

Don't forget to restart your protection!
That didn't work, and now I give up. I did try it in safe mode but it said it couldn't find the spooler so that was a no-go also. Guess I will just have to do it from WE.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I just tried this by sending a heavily formatted Word document to my kindle. It worked nicely, but some formatting was lost - level 1 headers looked like regular text, but level 2 headers were bold and in a larger font. Some graphics had circles on them that were placed in Word - the circles translated as separate graphics. I didn't look to heavily at the results, just glanced at them, but this seems more a rough-and-ready translator than anything delicate. I might get better results by saving as a filtered web document and then tweaking in sigil - but that's also a lot more work.

I was impressed at the interactive table of contents though.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
installed and sent a book from smashwords, easy as usb!
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
If you still want to give this a shot try stopping your print spooler service then installing. The print spooler maybe locking it up and even rebooting won't help that.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #20
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
If you still want to give this a shot try stopping your print spooler service then installing. The print spooler maybe locking it up and even rebooting won't help that.

Thanks that didn't help, though the installation did restart it. Any other ideas??
Old 01-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #21
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Thanks that didn't help, though the installation did restart it. Any other ideas??
Maybe you got a bad download?
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #22
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward_R View Post
Maybe you got a bad download?
NO it's not the download, it is something with my computer. It also won't install the win7 sp1 but I do not want to reformat because I do not want to take the time to reinstall and setup again. I guess I will leave it alone until I reinstall everything. Thanks all for your time and suggestions.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #23
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

I couldn't resist, I re-installed Windows and now the issues I was having have been resolved. All this trouble for a feature I will probably only use once in a few months, if that much.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I couldn't resist, I re-installed Windows and now the issues I was having have been resolved. All this trouble for a feature I will probably only use once in a few months, if that much.
Well now you can update your Windows to sp1 as well. So you wont be vulnerable to exploits and other issues.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #25
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Well now you can update your Windows to sp1 as well. So you wont be vulnerable to exploits and other issues.
I agree which was the major factor that forced me to reinstall Windows.

Nyn