Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 03:02 AM   #121
Play-fair-play
Play-fair-play began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
Kobo N647b - updated - death now :((

Just updated my Kobo N647B and can only see start screen in (loop).
I read all the posts - Ill give you 1000 Kisses if I could get same SD image to get my Kobo back.

Usb doesn't work - can turn it off , can turn it on but just after it starts progress bar is looping ....

I give you 10000 kisses if I get my Kobo back (((
Old 07-11-2014, 05:21 AM   #122
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #123
Haze77
Haze77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647b
Kobo N647b

Hi. I too have a Kobo n647b stuck on the startup screen. I have taked the micro sd card out. Could I also please have the image?

Many Thanks
Old 07-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #124
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Old 07-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #125
Haze77

Hi. I copied this image onto my Kobo N647b but now nothing happens at all. The light just changes colour when I press the power button then goes off after a few seconds.

What esle do we need to check?

Please help.

Many Thanks
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #126
Shinigami
Shinigami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
i'm having issues writing the image, as soon as I attempt to using win32diskimager it creates 3 partitions and fails instantly,

should I be imaging from linux instead?

Last edited by Shinigami; 07-12-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #127
Haze77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze77 View Post
Hi. I copied this image onto my Kobo N647b but now nothing happens at all. The light just changes colour when I press the power button then goes off after a few seconds.

Please help.

Many Thanks
Hi. Should I try a different micro SD Card? Thanks
Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #128
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
i'm having issues writing the image, as soon as I attempt to using win32diskimager it creates 3 partitions and fails instantly,

should I be imaging from linux instead?
Win32Diskimager should work. The image does contain three partitions, so that part is correct. What error do you see?

Of course, if you have a linux box available, that should work as well.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #129
Haze77

i copied back the original image which i had saved. And now again when i switch it on, the sqaures at the bottom are scrolling.

could it be the new image that i am trying to copy is not compatible with my kobo n647b.

thanks

Quote:

Please help.

Many Thanks
Old 07-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #130
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
i copied back the original image which i had saved. And now again when i switch it on, the sqaures at the bottom are scrolling.

could it be the new image that i am trying to copy is not compatible with my kobo n647b.
It is possible. There have been reports that the image didn't work with someones WiFi. But, I haven't seen any information about differences in the devices or a different image that does work.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:33 AM   #131
Shinigami

Basically as soon as it creates the partitions it loses drive letter and win32diskimager shows 'cannot find the file specified' will try in Linux shortly, have a bootable version from my phone
Old 07-13-2014, 05:33 AM   #132
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Windows losing the drive letters is expected. In fact, I'm surprised you had any for the card in the first place. Or are you writing to a card that previously was formatted and used with Windows?

It has been a while since I did this, I don't remember exactly the messages shown. The image is written to the card at a fairly low level. This includes rewriting the partition table. After it has been written, Windows will definitely not be able to mount it.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:41 AM   #133
Shinigami

managed to write it successfully this time after clearing the whole card through minitools.

however it won't work in the kobo, power light comes on but doesn't boot may be time to send the kobo to silicon heaven
Old 07-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #134
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Before sending it off to join all the calculators, try a factory reset using the buttons. For the WiFi, I think this is done by holding down the centre button and turning it on. If it is like the newer devices, this only works from completely off.

You can also contact Kobo. Several people have reported that Kobo have replaced bricked WiFi's with a refurbished Touch. They are doing this because the problem happens during a firmware upgrade.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #135
Shinigami

already tried the button combo, emailed kobo on Thurs also but not had a reply as of yet
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi