Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #16
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
It was in the Downloaded Items. I did a right click and "Remove from Device" and that put it into the "Archived" items list. Now how do I remove it from the "Archived" items please?. I have double checked in Amazon and it has been removed there.
Since you're sure that the book has been deleted from your Amazon account (through the "Manage Your Kindle" web page) and the book is now in the "Archived" section in Kindle for PC, then syncing should remove the book from the computer program.

Do the circular arrows just right of the word "Library" move when you sync? Does syncing work properly otherwise (when you purchase a book, for example)? Have you ever tried going to "Help" and then clicked "Check for Problems"?

If syncing still doesn't remove the book from K4PC, I don't know what else to suggest.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:40 AM   #17
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post

Do the circular arrows just right of the word "Library" move when you sync? Does syncing work properly otherwise (when you purchase a book, for example)? Have you ever tried going to "Help" and then clicked "Check for Problems"?

If syncing still doesn't remove the book from K4PC, I don't know what else to suggest.
Yes, to syncing arrows and it does work properly otherwise. I will have a look at the "Help" etc. I appreciate all your help and I have learnt a little more. I am not too worried about not being able to delete, but I hate things to beat me. Cheers.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 04:59 AM   #18
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have permanently deleted a few ebooks from my Amazon account. I didn't have any problem removing them from Kindle for PC by syncing after they had been removed from my account at Amazon ("Manage Your Kindle").

I keep my Amazon books in "Archived Items" in Kindle for PC since I don't read books using the program. I only have K4PC to organize my ebooks into collections (I have over 3,500 ebooks). I use my Kindle device or Kindle App on my tablet to read.

If your ebook were listed in "Downloaded Items" in K4PC I could understand why it's not deleted from the program by syncing since those books are stored in the "My Kindle Content" directory on your computer. But since you have deleted the book from your Amazon account and the book is shown in "Archived Items" in K4PC I am baffled that syncing isn't removing it from the program.

Maybe someone else here will have another suggestion for you. Please do let us know if you're able to figure it out.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #19
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
I still suspect it is a program fault. I will certainly return with an answer, if, and when, I find the solution. Wow?? 3,500 books makes my 50 or so seem small. Cheers.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
3,500 books makes my 50 or so seem small.
Um, it is a little embarrassing. I have an ebook addiction. Obviously, I will never read all those books, but it is nice to have lots of choice! Many of those books are cookbooks and other reference-type material, although there's a lot of fiction too.

What I like about K4PC is that I don't have to download the ebooks in order to assign collections. Before I started using the software, I was storing all the ebooks on my Kindle (this is when I had about 1,500). That number of books started causing problems on the device. Now I only keep a few books on my Kindle (less than 10). That works much better for me.

Did you try "Help" (on the menu in K4PC) and then click "Check for Problems"? Good luck!
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #21
cdntinpusher
cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libre Color
Same problem

Quote:
I still suspect it is a program fault. I will certainly return with an answer, if, and when, I find the solution. Wow?? 3,500 books makes my 50 or so seem small. Cheers.
I have the same problem. I don't keep my Kindle ebooks (since most of them I download from the free best-sellers list and I have to convert them using Calibre to read them on my non-Kindle ereader), so I download to Kindle for PC, add the book to my Calibre library, then "Remove from my device" in Kindle for PC, then delete the book in "Manage my Kindle Content." Most then disappear from the "Archived Items" in Kindle for PC, but the odd one persists and won't disappear even after syncing. My Kindle Content directory is empty, as is my "Manage my Kindle Content" on Amazon's servers.

Anyone found a solution yet?
cdntinpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #22
cdntinpusher
cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libre Color
Solution

I finally managed to get rid of the unwanted books from the Archived books section in Kindle for PC. I deregistered it, and then re-registered it and "presto" they were finally gone. Note: My Kindle Library was empty at the time, but I don't see why it wouldn't work even if there were books in it. Back up first before you try it, just in case....
cdntinpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #23
Airwolf
Airwolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
Hello everyone.
I had been experiencing the same problems you have in deleting books from my Kindle for the PC. No matter what I did, it would still show up in the Archived Items.
After researching the posts on Google, I finally decided to do something about it.
I have put together a webpage describing the steps where you can delete books from the Kindle for the PC without having to de-authorize your program and then having to re-authorize it and redownload all of your books again.
The link to the webpage with the instructions is:
http://howtodeletebooksfromkindleforpc.weebly.com/

I hope this helps a lot of people. It certainly worked for me.
Airwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:19 AM   #24
krissysmurf
krissysmurf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quick fix

To delete books from your archive when everything else fails- just de-register and re-register your Kindle for PC.
In your K4PC menu box- select tools, then options. The deregister. As soon as you are done, just register again by entering your email and password. It take like 20 seconds.
It will delete ALL books you store there (not your Kindle Cloud storage).
But for OCD people like me- when I have deleted a book- especially ones that were just public library items that have expired already, I just want them gone.
If you want to keep some and delete others- don't do this- it will delete ALL of them.
I only have public library books that ended up there because they were the kind you had to download via USB not just wifi.
krissysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissysmurf View Post
To delete books from your archive when everything else fails- just de-register and re-register your Kindle for PC.
That will have no effect whatsoever on the Archive. The Archive is a list of books which you've bought that are NOT currently present on your reading device.

... and please don't resurrect ancient threads. Do you honestly think that the OP is going to care about your answer a year and a half after asking the question?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote