Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Hi Coach 88

I've got Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle Books by Untangled Development. My Aus version costs $1.00 as showing on PB Appworld.

I find the app good enough for my needs and do all my non PDF reading using it.

I've also got Pdf Reader by Sporadic Software, showing as AUD 1.00, to read all PDF docs.

And that also is a very competent reader.

I'm sure you realise that your books will need to be DRM free in order to be read.

Let me know how you go .....
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #17
Coach88
Coach88 began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Playbook Kobo
When i first installed Calibre on my PC (Windows 7), i was able to send PDF ebooks to my Playbook. Other than some weird formatting issue with Chapter headings (They were cut off - too wide) the content of the book was fine, wrapped at the right margins up untill page 12 of approx 500. I deleted them from my PB and tried to re-send them. This time, Calibre shows them on my device but they don't appear on the playbook... I'm going to give Book Reader by Untangled Development a try.
Coach88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #18
Coach88

There... i installed Book Reader so now my wife can see and read her e-pub book... There is no Table of Contents so navigating to the chapter where she left off on her friends Kobo a bit of a challenge but we found it so now she can finish reading her book on the Playbook.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #19
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coach to get to the table of contents whilst you are reading the book - tap on the book heading and it will display on the page. And then tap on any chapter you want to go to.

To remove the TOC tap on the heading again.

Re reading PDF formatted books - i suggest you buy the PDF reader app.

Or you could convert the pdf to epub in Calibre.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #20
Coach88

Lynx, i can access the TOC but there is no chapters listed. The only thing listef there is the word «start».
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #21
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Ohh ..... wonder if something's corrupted.

Is the rest of the book readable?

For some reason or another I had to convert a book I bought in the epub format to mobi before I could read it on the Playbook.

And yet, in it's original epub format each page showed and read perfectly in Calibre and Sony Reader for PC.

Don't know why the Playbook had trouble with it .... but I worked around it by changing the format to Mobi in Calibre and then side loading again.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #22
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Coach here's a link to the Crackberry thread for the EPUB and Kindle Books app:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-638953/

If you start reading the thread from the beginning, please remember that a number of updated versions have occurred along the way.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
Coach88

I'll check out that link! Thanks :-)
Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #24
bobandjoyce
bobandjoyce has met Morla.bobandjoyce has met Morla.bobandjoyce has met Morla.bobandjoyce has met Morla.bobandjoyce has met Morla.bobandjoyce has met Morla.bobandjoyce has met Morla.bobandjoyce has met Morla.bobandjoyce has met Morla.bobandjoyce has met Morla.bobandjoyce has met Morla.

Device: playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
BobandJoyce did you get the info I posted in the Other devices thread in response to your request:

I'll post it again:

do the following in order to side load Calibre based books onto your Playbook:

plug your PB into your pc

Open 'My Computer', flag key + E

Wait till you see that the Playbook drive is showing as one of the drives, and open out the file structure so that you can see Books

Open Calibre

Highlight the book/s that you want to 'Save to Disk' (one of the icon headings on the top line of Calibre)

Click on Save to Disk, and select Save only EPub format (if that's what you want)

When the dialogue box opens click on Books in the Playbook drive

The book/s will then copy onto your PB.

You will find them in Files and Folders

--------------------------

Please reply back ..... I don't know if you've already got the info your required.
thank you....really green at this, just found this reply to my request.....Is there anything new since you posted this? Many thanks, and sorry for the delay.
bobandjoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #25
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Were you able to get your books onto your Playbook okay Bobandjoyce?