Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #76
pepijndevos
Connoisseur
pepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle 4NT
My build just started failing. Weird. This worked before.

Code:
$ ant -Dplatforms.JDK_1.6__CDC_PBP.home=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
Buildfile: /Users/pepijndevos/git/KindleTERM/build.xml

build-awt:

preprocess:
     [echo] Preprocess symbols: ssh2,keybrdinteractive,midp2,noj2me

BUILD FAILED
/Users/pepijndevos/git/KindleTERM/build.xml:16: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/pepijndevos/git/KindleTERM/build-awt.xml:48: Property wtk.home points to non-existing directory

Total time: 0 seconds
pepijndevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #77
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
and does it "point to non-existing directory" ?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 04:05 AM   #78
pepijndevos
Connoisseur
pepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle 4NT
hard to tell, line 48:

Code:
<wtkpreprocess srcdir="${src.tmp.dir}" destdir="${src.processed.dir}" symbols="${awt.preprocess.symbols}" verbose="false" />
Oh, it's defined here:

Code:
build.properties:wtk.home=../../../../WTK-2.5.1
That definitely does not exist. Question is, where do I get it, and why did it work before?

Where: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-135801.html

How did it work before? No idea.
pepijndevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #79
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

w t k ? perhaps finding out what that actually is is step one. I have no idea

Web tool kit?

Last edited by twobob; 12-07-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #80
h1ro
Enthusiast
h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo HD
are the certs fixed now? this doesn't work on pw, does it?
h1ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #81
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1ro View Post
are the certs fixed now? this doesn't work on pw, does it?
How about this: you try it, and report back whether it works or not. And if it doesn't, post an exact error description, or better yet, try to fix it and post the method.

Last edited by ixtab; 12-09-2012 at 11:50 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #82
h1ro
Enthusiast
h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
How about this: you try it, and report back whether it works or not. And if it doesn't, post an exact error description, or better yet, try to fix it and post the method.

I did try running that .jar from the normal kindle collection menu
but I didn't follow the instructions fully:

1) Copy the developer.keystore in /var/local/java/keystore directory. I wanted to use the AdQ's keystore used for KIF but unfortunatelly Ant's signjar task fails with message:

I don't know how to add keys without overwriting the ones I got installed from the jailbreak process.

Just tell me what script, source, docs to read or where to start to figure this out and I will happily do it myself.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #83
h1ro
Enthusiast

also from the description in here I realized there probably won't be any onscreen keyboard to use for me.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #84
twobob

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=66 contains the sign script I use - in fact that whole thread would make good reading.
for someone attempting to get their head around kindlets.

The orginal error was something to do with only having the public half of the key (or something) The dev certs are bundled in that post too (use the test one to sign it)
Grab the latest ones from the shared keystore thread though! The test one seems to be mangled in that one...

(an error like: jarsigner: Certificate chain not found for: dktest. dktest must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.) Is totally generic. could be the file is actually missing that entry. : )

I honestly don't use this KindletTerm thingy - never have - don't have a PW and (reading the top post) looking back see why I didn't fancy it in the fist place. (lots of faffing for now much gain)

With the lack of OSK. well... Good fortune.

HTH

Last edited by twobob; 12-09-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: for someone attempting to get their head around kindlets.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #85
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
does xterm+atchbox keyboard work the PW?
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #86
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
does xterm+matchbox keyboard work the PW?
Totally don't see why not. far better choice.

Last edited by twobob; 12-09-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #87
YaCoU
YaCoU began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT (firmware 4.1.1)
Hi !

I'm following this tutorial : http://pepijndevos.nl/2012/10/08/kin...-terminal.html which is redirect on this topic for KindleTERM install.

I'm stucked at the 2nd step, I hav'nt /opt/amazon/ebook/security/ directory :

Code:
[root@[192_168_15_244] /]# ls /opt/
ar6k     eink     factory
and I didn't find the external.policy file anywere...

Certainly because of recent firmware (4.1.1).

If anybody is able to help me, thank.

(btw, sorry for my english)
YaCoU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #88
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
That post is a very old one (2010), it may need a bit of tender hand-holding to work.

The advice to put your USBnetwork into 'auto' mode is very bad advice to give or follow while setting something new up.

You should probable undo that 'auto' renaming before proceeding - just in case something should go wrong.

Notes:
You have a K4 -> very easy and quick to debrick using the Kubrick tool. Which makes it a good choice for learning on.

You should probably check the USBnetworking release version you installed against the one currently posted.

Since that post was written, we now have the KUAL launcher, you should probably install it - makes a lot of things easier.
It also includes buttons to enter/leave/check status of USBnetworking.

The KUAL prerequisites package installation provides your Kindle with the prerequisites needed by any of our add-ins (including this one).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #89
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
I am seeing some somewhat strange behavior here if I issue the ping command in a myts session. I find that I see a single response and then things hang until I hit ctl-c to terminate the ping. Statistics reported show a single ping was done.

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Why is it happening and can it be fixed?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #90
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I am seeing some somewhat strange behavior here if I issue the ping command in a myts session. I find that I see a single response and then things hang until I hit ctl-c to terminate the ping. Statistics reported show a single ping was done.

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Why is it happening and can it be fixed?

Dave
What does strace have to say about the "hang" ?
(It might not be 'ping' but a dns hang - depending ...)

Also include the options, ping version, etc - any details about how you encounter this problem.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote