Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Requiem for Ahab

Just published a novella on Amazon.com entitled Requiem for Ahab. The book takes place 20 years after the death of Captain Ahab in the novel Moby-Dick. I reprinted the blurb below. I get that there aren't a lot of people out there tweeting about Herman Melville, but this is a story that I think will surprise and entertain any reader who enjoys a good yarn. Certainly worth a look at 99 cents.

Anyone who has read Moby-Dick knows that Captain Ahab lost his leg and then his life—along with the lives of the crew of the Pequod—to the white whale, Moby Dick. What you may not remember is that Ahab was survived by a young wife and child, Hannah and Thomas. Ahab's life has ended, but their lives must now go on without him. They move to a small town near Boston, where she meets and marries Aaron Stoddard. The years go by and Thomas Stoddard grows into a young man. Ahab's memory recedes deeper and deeper into a past seldom revisited by either mother or son.

When the Civil War breaks out in 1861, Thomas enlists in the Second Massachusetts Infantry Regiment and sees action at Antietam and Chancellorsville. Then comes the Battle of Gettysburg, where Thomas is wounded and has his leg amputated. He can't help but remember Ahab's fate, and he wonders if he too will go mad. Thomas realizes he knows very little about his father's death ... or life. There is only one man who can help him discover the truth about his father—Ishmael, the lone survivor of the Pequod.

The search for Ishmael leads Thomas to the place where it all began, New Bedford. There lie the clues that will reveal long-buried secrets from the past, secrets Thomas must unravel if he is to find Ishmael and reclaim his own future.
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Please let me know when it's available in ePub; I'd like to read it on my Sony, but not to the level where I can be bothered removing the DRM and converting it.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Requiem for Ahab should now be available on Smashwords. Also, I always chose drm-free publication on Amazon. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:17 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G J Lau View Post
Requiem for Ahab should now be available on Smashwords. Also, I always chose drm-free publication on Amazon. Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks
Old 01-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
G J Lau
Zealot

My apologies, but I decided to go with KDP select on Amazon so I have for the moment unpublished Requiem on Smashwords. I had been going back and forth on this, but I figured this was an ideal time to try KDP Select out and see what it does. Three months from now I'll go back to Smashwords. Tell you what. If you send me a private message through this venue or at my email, which is on my blog, I'll send you a free copy in any format you prefer.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard

PM sent
Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard

Thanks very much for sending me the well formatted ePub of your book. I enjoyed it very much, and and thought the story and the writing excellent. When my TBR list gets a bit smaller I'll definitely look for your other books.