Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #1921
tasver
tasver began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Hi all,
I have some questions:
1)How i can enable the number in the keyboard?

i would like to enable the opds calibre catalog but when i try to change the calibre host and port i can't find the number in the keyboard of koreader XD.
There are the simbols but not the number.

2) I would like to send file wirelessly from pc ,i see there are 4 option to send file throught wireless, am i right?
a)zsynk plugin that i can use only with koreader device
b)calibre opds catalog that is the only one i can use from pc the other is to use the calibre server from the browser but it really sucks
c)send file wiressly from calibre with the plugin calibre companion inside koreader, but this plugin is only for android device or not?
d)use the browser inside the nickel standard gui and go to the calibre server ip and download 1 by one my file. I have used this way many times but it is too slow and the browser is unstable and is really difficult to download a file without move the page.

I've installed bluestack because i don't have android device, and i'll try these system.

Thank for the reply to my question and if there are any trick or hints let me know

Last edited by tasver; 11-22-2014 at 06:15 AM.
tasver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #1922
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasver View Post
Hi all,
I have some questions:
1)How i can enable the number in the keyboard?

i would like to enable the opds calibre catalog but when i try to change the calibre host and port i can't find the number in the keyboard of koreader XD.
There are the simbols but not the number.

2) I would like to send file wirelessly from pc ,i see there are 4 option to send file throught wireless, am i right?
a)zsynk plugin that i can use only with koreader device
b)calibre opds catalog that is the only one i can use from pc the other is to use the calibre server from the browser but it really sucks
c)send file wiressly from calibre with the plugin calibre companion inside koreader, but this plugin is only for android device or not?
d)use the browser inside the nickel standard gui and go to the calibre server ip and download 1 by one my file. I have used this way many times but it is too slow and the browser is unstable and is really difficult to download a file without move the page.

I've installed bluestack because i don't have android device, and i'll try these system.

Thank for the reply to my question and if there are any trick or hints let me know
1) On my AuraHD The keyboard that you use , for that, you need to press "Sym" then the Shift/up arrow, to have numbers.

2) b) If you turn on the caliber server on your PC, you can then select the "OPDS Catalog" named "Local calibre catalog", on your kobo running Koreader. Then you can select from the books on your PC in the calibre library, and download them to your device, from your device. (Pull them from calibre's library to your device).

2) c) The caliber companion plugin functions fine on my non-android AuraHD. The entry to turn it on, in Koreader - is in the Reader Menu ( the one you can access when you are reading a book) not in the "File Manager" menus, where I would have expected it. With this you can connect your calibre program to your device and send selected ebooks from caliber to the device, (push them from calibre to your device).

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #1923
tasver

Hi Ken, thanks for you precious reply

1) Lol i miss that

2)b) Perfect with the number i can change the ip address and use this system.
The only boring thing is about that this system enable you to download one file for click

2)c) Yes i tried in this way but when i choose the inbox i can't go over, any folder i can choose ok or what'else have to appear.

I have disabled firewall on both router and windows, i have enabled wifi connection on calibre and i tried with both calibre server on/off... doesn't work.

Obviusly i enabled the wifi on the device.

The koreader version is the 2014.04-1166

Thanks for the reply and for the help
Old 11-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #1924
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasver View Post
Hi Ken, thanks for you precious reply

2)b) Perfect with the number i can change the ip address and use this system.
The only boring thing is about that this system enable you to download one file for click

2)c) Yes i tried in this way but when i choose the inbox i can't go over, any folder i can choose ok or what'else have to appear.

I have disabled firewall on both router and windows, i have enabled wifi connection on calibre and i tried with both calibre server on/off... doesn't work.

Obviusly i enabled the wifi on the device.

The koreader version is the 2014.04-1166

Thanks for the reply and for the help
It seems to be working with version 1166, on my AuraHD 3.5.0. After you select "Connect/share">"Start wireless device connection", (and selected the "Calibre companion">"Connect" option, in the reader menu, of Koreader),You should have a "Device" Icon/tab, in calibre.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-22-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #1925
tasver

Many Thanks Ken

In order to choose the inbox we need to longer press on the folder and then click on confirm ok.

I reported this issue and i hope in a little modify with a popup or whatelse https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1233
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #1926
HaoZeke
Enthusiast
HaoZeke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hey I dunno why but the wifi in koreader consistently refuses to work..
Whenever I try any sort of wifi related activity, it asks if I want to turn on Wifi.
Then on pressing OK, it just hangs like that for a while, eventually returning to the file manager.
Wifi works perfectly in nickel. :|
HaoZeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #1927
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaoZeke View Post
Whenever I try any sort of wifi related activity, it asks if I want to turn on Wifi.
Then on pressing OK, it just hangs like that for a while, eventually returning to the file manager.
There is no indication that it has turned on, but after the "hang", the Wifi should be on. Try one of the OPDS sites, you should see the catalog.

Luck;
Ken
Old 11-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #1928
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Not sure if that changed recently, but as far as I remember the question "turn wifi on?" really just turns on wifi but does not trigger the event you wanted to do in the first place.
So you have to answer "yes" and then do the same action again. Second time there should be no question since Qifi is already on...
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #1929
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Not sure if that changed recently, but as far as I remember the question "turn wifi on?" really just turns on wifi but does not trigger the event you wanted to do in the first place.
So you have to answer "yes" and then do the same action again. Second time there should be no question since Qifi is already on...
With the newer builds you can go to "Network settings" and turn Wifi on and off.

Luck;
Ken
Old 11-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #1930
gontofe
Enthusiast
gontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Is there anything in crash.log inside .kobo/koreader?
gontofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #1931
tasver

Quote:
Go
1)on Network setting and
2)tap on Wifi connection,
3)go again to network setting and check if this entry exist "√ Wifi Connection"
if you see √ it means obviusly Wifi connection enabled.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:58 AM   #1932
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I've found the easiest was to turn on wifi is from the main menu.
  • When you pull down the menu (either from the file manager or within a book) in the lower right corner is the wifi icon. Tapping that icon will bring up the dialog box.
  • Say "OK"to the dialog box.
  • The icon will change if it's connected.
  • Tap the icon again to disconnect.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #1933
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
I've found the easiest was to turn on wifi is from the main menu.
  • When you pull down the menu (either from the file manager or within a book) in the lower right corner is the wifi icon. Tapping that icon will bring up the dialog box.
  • Say "OK"to the dialog box.
  • The icon will change if it's connected.
  • Tap the icon again to disconnect.
The Icon got removed and the "Network settings" options added in the more recent versions. Having the Icon was using resources, to keep checking the Wifi status.

Luck;
Ken
Old 11-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #1934
gontofe
Enthusiast
gontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
The tick box does the same check, but only when that submenu is opened...
gontofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:31 AM   #1935
scoky
Connoisseur
scoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; KOBO AURA HD
I use fmon to start Koreader and if I exit back to original Nickel system, the wifi will can't work correctly. Wifi can't scan any wifi network. So I have to restart it. I hope this bug can be fixed. Thanks.
My device is Kobo aura HD and firmware version is 3.11.0. I always use the last version Koreader nightly build.

Last edited by scoky; 11-28-2014 at 01:33 AM.
scoky is offline   Reply With Quote