Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #1
chrishalliwelluk
chrishalliwelluk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Missing ll's

Sorry I have searched the forum but it won't let me search for single letter l. My problem is, I have pdf books that I want to convert to mobi during the conversion, wherever there are two l's as in words like well or shallow, they convert to wel and shal ow. Any clue's please?
chrishalliwelluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
silentguy
Connoisseur
silentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10. Generation)
It's a problem with the current pdf export, IÄve seen multiple bug reports about it in the tracker
silentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
Hi, and welcome to Mobileread!

Apparently this is an issue with graphemes - have a look at this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...issing+letters
which sounds similar to the problem you're having.

Hope that helps - if not, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly!
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote