Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #31
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
What's keeping you from updating?
FYI, I'm also waiting. Don't like the auto power off and want to keep my cover when I do turn it off.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #32
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowsqueak View Post
It seems that leaving it connected to a laptop the night prior doesn't charge it but runs it down instead...
That would because the USB ports are switched off to save power whilst the notebook is in hibernation or suspend. So instead of charging the battery being connected to the computer resulted in the Kobo discharging its battery.
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #33
Duotang
Duotang began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mTamblyn View Post
Step 7 – Return of The Upgrade Tool

This takes 5 minutes or so (longer if you have lots of books). But don’t panic. It will get there. When it finishes, the wizard will tell you you’re ready. If you have already unplugged, you’ll see your library and be able to start reading.
So my Kobo reader is stuck at this step for an hour or so, with the blue light flashing. I had the 100 preloaded books and one pdf document on the device, so when do i start panicking, exactly?

I think i already am!
Is there something I can do?
Old 11-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #34
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks for the details. The more open a company is to their customers, the more loyalty and feeling of engagement the customers will have towards the company. So few companies seem to understand this.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #35
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Wow--this thread is sooooo old--like from that big messy Kobo update back in July 2010. I am not sure why it came up again, but there is NO current update out there that is requiring this now.
Advert
Old 08-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #36
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
s there a way to update the kobo original while it's frozen and the paper clip factory reset doesn't work?
You are not doing yourself any favours by posting the same thing in multiple threads and by resurrecting old threads.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #37
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Triple-posting.

Thread closed.

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread