Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 02:44 AM   #1
thendude
thendude began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre won't DL metata anymore

I've looked through the FAQ and recent threads and couldn't find anyone reporting the same problem, I'm brand new here, so I hope this post is in the right area. Calibre suddenly won't download any metadata anymore, I've got the most recent version and haven't made any changes at all. It worked fine last night, but today I just get the "no metadata found..." I've tried it with multiple books, authors, even some books I already have the metadata for, I've entered the ISBN number manually, which has always worked before, and still no dice, any help would be greatly appreciated
thendude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:53 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
has happened to me. I think I had to reboot.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 02:58 AM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
First, yes, you're in the right area. This is where the calibre gurus can be found. I'm not one of them, but I'll try to toss a few ideas your way until someone gooier comes along.

I just checked with a couple of books, and I can still download metadata. So whatever the problem is, at least it's not a generalized calibre problem. That means you can probably fix it yourself. Well, either that or you're totally hosed. One of the two.

Since it was working yesterday and isn't working today, *something* changed, somewhere in the world. Have you changed anything on your machine at all, even something you don't think could possibly be related to calibre? Is anything different with your home network, your Internet connection, or something your ISP is doing? There's something different between the working state and the non-working state; it's just a matter of pinning down what it is. Hopefully not the phase of the moon.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:35 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It sounds like it could be a firewall issue. People tend to forget that most modern firewalls receive regular and automatic updates at a frequent interval.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
rosehrt
rosehrt began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am having the same problem. It just started today, it worked fine yesterday. All of a sudden Calibre stopped downloading metadata from Google Books. Metadata downloaded from isbndb.com is still working though.
rosehrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It seems it was just a temporary problem with google books. Service seems to be back up today. Try it and see.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote