Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Replacement Pen

So, the pen in my 700 fell out somewhere, someplace. anyone know where to buy a replacement?
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
go to a sony style and borrow one from the floor model...

I cant find them selling them anywhere
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post

Or send an e-mail to the contact address on the SonyStyle website where they sell the reader.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post

funny. I searched for a long time and couldn't either. Usually I"m good at finding stuff like that. Glad a Sony user had the same problem.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I wonder if a Nintendo DS stylus would work.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I wonder if a Nintendo DS stylus would work.
I was going to suggest this. I expect it would work. But, it probably won't fit into the Sony stylus holder slot thingy (whatever you call it). Which is why I didn't.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I was going to suggest this. I expect it would work. But, it probably won't fit into the Sony stylus holder slot thingy (whatever you call it). Which is why I didn't.

BOb
Of course it won't fit, but it could hold someone over until Sony realizes that people will lose them and they will need to offer replacements
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Of course it won't fit, but it could hold someone over until Sony realizes that people will lose them and they will need to offer replacements
Agreed. Of course, you could make your own DS Stylus holder on your Sony reader with duct tape.

BOb
Old 01-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Agreed. Of course, you could make your own DS Stylus holder on your Sony reader with duct tape.

BOb
Frugal and stylish!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Frugal and stylish!
Now these are stylish.

http://images.google.com/images?q=duct+tape+prom+dress

BOb
Old 01-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Some of those multi-colored ones are...interesting.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the NDS Lite Stylus is too fat to fit in the Holder, and the Old DS stylus is crap and the size of a tooth pick, so lets not eve talk about that.

I own this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.849

you can also get these
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14233
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16531
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16529
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16532

Or search around, Great Site, 3 week+ Shipping though
Old 01-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #13
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Andybaby - does that fit in the Stylus slot? I think my daughter might have run off with the pen. It's not like I ever use it. The slot just looks lonely without it's pen there.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #14
Andybaby
Wizard

no, nothing will, thats a Full size pen.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #15
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I asked when I bought my reader if they sold replacements (years ago,I made it a habit to buy a pack of replacement styli for my devices) and they said no,well one of them said no,and the other said not yet.So far,I actually haven't really used the built in stylus much-especially not if I'm not home/office ,and also utilize a sort of multi-function stylus device (of which I have several,which so far are easier to replace than the stylus with the 700 )
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote