Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #61
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrahimpak View Post
Now that I changed the reboot.png icon It is on the homepage, but it cannot trigger the reboot action...
Is this being added as part of the Kobo Start Menu additions to nickel? If so then the reboot.sh file would go in: /.kobo/kbmenu/fmonsh/ If not then it would go into: /.kobo/fmon/. Whichever the reboot.sh should tell you where it is looking to find the .png file it is to monitor.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #62
Ebri
Groupie
Ebri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura HD
The link in the first post is dead, is there any other way to download fmon?

Thank you!
Ebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2014, 06:59 PM   #63
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebri View Post
The link in the first post is dead, is there any other way to download fmon?

Thank you!
It has been included in the pbchess Or this one.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-28-2014, 04:54 AM   #64
Ebri
Groupie

Ah, thank you!
Old 08-28-2014, 05:16 AM   #65
Ken Maltby
Wizard

The links are to the Kobo versions of the download, not the Kindle version.

Luck;
Ken
Advert
Old 08-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #66
Ebri
Groupie

I checked it at home, and realised I downloaded it when I followed your instructions on adding start menu and many readers, but I would actually only need koreader for PDF, and would only change the system minimally if it is possible. Is this the , so I would like to avoid adding the several things (I was able to have nickel with only the Library... menu at the bottom and the status bar at the top with starting from the Start menu, which I would not like to reach again .)

Anyway, in case of installing Sergey's pack, does it work like the "old method" mentioned in koreader install guide? (I switched from PW2 and hacking the device is somewhat different, so probably that is why I am lost a bit.)
Old 08-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #67
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebri View Post
I checked it at home, and realised I downloaded it when I followed your instructions on adding start menu and many readers, but I would actually only need koreader for PDF, and would only change the system minimally if it is possible. Is this the , so I would like to avoid adding the several things (I was able to have nickel with only the Library... menu at the bottom and the status bar at the top with starting from the Start menu, which I would not like to reach again .)

Anyway, in case of installing Sergey's pack, does it work like the "old method" mentioned in koreader install guide? (I switched from PW2 and hacking the device is somewhat different, so probably that is why I am lost a bit.)
First you only list a "PW2" device, there is a Koreader version for Kindles, but this forum is for the Kobo Reader, and the links I provided are for the download package to install pbchess, fmon, Coolreader, and other games and utilites, to a Kobo device. The Wiki kobo install instructions.

The Wiki kindle install instructions.

Install guide for Installing both fmon (included in the pbchess download) and Koreader onto a Kobo device.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-28-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #68
Ebri
Groupie

Sorry I was not too clean, my (quite hacked) PW2 is now used by my wife and I changed to Aura HD, so I definitely need the Kobo things. I think during the weekend I decide what I would like to do. My problem in more detail is that the simple usage of Koreader is only on the kindle side (opening PDF from the library opens by default koreader, on long press stock reader can also be selected). I understood on Kobos i have to start koreader file manager first, and it requires more efforts then I first thought .

(And thank you for your efforts in spite of my stupid questions.)
Old 01-21-2015, 07:54 AM   #69
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Hi Ken,

I noticed that there was an installation guide in the new Koreader package koreader-(kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2014.11-39-g917f45a) that referred to this thread for an older method. I want to make sure I understood the procedure correctly before trying.

1) Everything I need is in koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2014.11-39-g917f45a and I don't need to download anything from this thread, right? In another words, I don't need the Launcher.png and associated Koboroot.tgz in pbchess-1.2.6.42_kobo which you posted in last August, right?

2) What I need to do is just
a) install the koreader.png and check it is there from home. Reboot to be safe
b) put the koboroot.tgz and koreader folder in .kobo and reboot.
c) everything is in koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2014.11-39-g917f45a
Correct?

Thank you.

Update, I just noticed in this thread you directed readers to this thread, which indicates that the launcher.png and associated .tgx are still needed before the Koreader.png.

Would it be clearer if the guide in any new Koreader package only refers to your thread instead of this one? Especially to people who are not aware of the software development history? Of course the download link of the new pbchess needs to be added there. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by jshzh; 01-21-2015 at 08:29 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:21 AM   #70
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Hi Ken,

I noticed that there was an installation guide in the new Koreader package koreader-(kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2014.11-39-g917f45a) that referred to this thread for an older method. I want to make sure I understood the procedure correctly before trying.

1) Everything I need is in koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2014.11-39-g917f45a and I don't need to download anything from this thread, right? In another words, I don't need the Launcher.png and associated Koboroot.tgz in pbchess-1.2.6.42_kobo which you posted in last August, right?

2) What I need to do is just
a) install the koreader.png and check it is there from home. Reboot to be safe
b) put the koboroot.tgz and koreader folder in .kobo and reboot.
c) everything is in koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2014.11-39-g917f45a
Correct?

Thank you.

Update, I just noticed in this thread you directed readers to this thread, which indicates that the launcher.png and associated .tgx are still needed before the Koreader.png.

Would it be clearer if the guide in any new Koreader package only refers to your thread instead of this one? Especially to people who are not aware of the software development history? Of course the download link of the new pbchess needs to be added there. Just a suggestion.
Actually, in that thread (like in the WiKi) I strongly recommend
This method. The old method has some appeal to those who prefer the Kobo User Interface (UI) "Nickel" over other less graphic UI, so I still keep it.

Oh and the koreader.png is used as a "Launcher".png. The launcher.png is mentioned as part of the installation of the pbchess package that provides Coolreader. It just happens that I described the installation of the pbchess package before the Koreader package.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-21-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:36 PM   #71
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Actually, in that thread (like in the WiKi) I strongly recommend
This method. The old method has some appeal to those who prefer the Kobo User Interface (UI) "Nickel" over other less graphic UI, so I still keep it.

Oh and the koreader.png is used as a "Launcher".png. The launcher.png is mentioned as part of the installation of the pbchess package that provides Coolreader. It just happens that I described the installation of the pbchess package before the Koreader package.

Luck;
Ken
Oh, so if I don't need the coolreader then I don't need to install the Launcher.png and the associated koboroot file?

In the last post I was thinking the reference in the Koreader package made people go through this thread only to find out the link in the first post was dead, in a later post find the new link, and then to be directed to another thread for instructions because the instructions in the first post here were also not valid any more -- or no? One still needs to edit command as described in the first post for coolreader/launcher?
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #72
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Oh, so if I don't need the coolreader then I don't need to install the Launcher.png and the associated koboroot file?
Right you can skip the install of the pbchess package. (Or skip the Koreader package, and just install the pbchess package.)

Quote:
In the last post I was thinking the reference in the Koreader package made people go through this thread only to find out the link in the first post was dead, in a later post find the new link, and then to be directed to another thread for instructions because the instructions in the first post here were also not valid any more -- or no? One still needs to edit command as described in the first post for coolreader/launcher?
Not following you here. The links should be right now.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-09-2015, 11:01 PM   #73
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hi!

Earlier it was the part of KoboLauncher, but I decided to improve it and make the separate installation.

You can download it (including the sources) here:

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/kobo/fmon.zip

Installation:

Just install KoboRoot.tgz
The zip file linked to, seems to only contain a single 'fmon' file. I see no koboroot.tgz, nor source files when I open the zip file.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:03 AM   #74
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
The zip file linked to, seems to only contain a single 'fmon' file. I see no koboroot.tgz, nor source files when I open the zip file.
You can find the source here.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:57 PM   #75
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You can find the source here.
Thanks, but I don't know how to install it without the KoboRoot.tgz file that the instructions say I need. The file I downloaded from the original link had only a prebuilt (I presume) fmon file.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote