Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #271
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarnerT View Post
Hi, I'm in Canada and am still waiting for 2.1.4 I was just wondering if someone from Kobo can officially let us know what is going on. I've heard "issue" rumors, but it would be helpful to hear from Kobo what is happening.
Thanks
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=77 <- From Sameer, this morning: "As indicated before, the team has found and fixed the issue. We are currently testing it and hope to roll it out to everyone as soon as possible. Thanks for bearing with us."

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidoid View Post
For heaven's sake why all this complaining and waiting? Just do a manual update. I'm in Australia and my device updated to 2.0.4 [so it might be a problem one] and then I upgraded manually to 2.1.4 from the link on this site. It works really well -- fast and stable.
Because manual updates are officially being deprecated due to there being multiple versions of the same firmware now (for both region and device).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #272
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post

Because manual updates are officially being deprecated due to there being multiple versions of the same firmware now (for both region and device).

Not for 2.1.4.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #273
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
No, manual updates have never been officially supported. The only times I know that Kobo has suggested doing this is for the beta firmware testers. The support team might have suggested it, but that would be on a case-by-case basis.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #274
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Thanks for the good news from Sameer, JD.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote