Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
presswolf
presswolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kendle
Merging Librarys

is there a way to merge 2 librarys in calibre with out doing it one book at a time?
presswolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by presswolf View Post
is there a way to merge 2 librarys in calibre with out doing it one book at a time?
If the Library is on the same PC:
Right-click the Library Icon in Calibre: Create/Switch (existing): choose the other (source) Library: Select Books: Right-click: Copy to Library (choose your option).
When done, Switch back to the Main Library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Hi there would anyone be able to help in transferring my library from my old computer. I transferred over my old folder to my new computer but cant get my books to appear.
I have also copied all my book folders over and my Adobe digital editions is up and running ok.
i was on Windows XP and am now on Windows 7 if thats any problem.

Apologies in advance I am not technically minded so would need some sort of breakdown.
I did do a search where I found a possible solution where i transfer the folder between computers and then go into preferences in Caliber and point it in the direction to the folder with the Metadatdb in it... Problem was i couldnt see how to point it to the folder .

Thanks in advance

Mike
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post
Problem was i couldnt see how to point it to the folder.
Under the Library menu dropdown choose Switch/create, make sure that "Use the previously existing library at the new location" is selected, and navigate to your library.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote