Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle Fire HD's and side loading?

Does anyone know if the new Kindle Fire HD's will allow side loading of android apps?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yes it will. I checked the emulator yesterday. I think the location of where it is has changed, but it's definitely there. I'll pull up a screenshot in a min. It has to be there for development reasons in the first place, otherwise developers couldn't test.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Yes it will. I checked the emulator yesterday. I think the location of where it is has changed, but it's definitely there. I'll pull up a screenshot in a min. It has to be there for development reasons in the first place, otherwise developers couldn't test.
I'm glad you were able to confirm that. It wouldn't go over well if the new devices were locked to sideloading. I definitely want my Zinio app on my new HD.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Think it used to be under Security, now it's under Device:

Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:

Excellent...thanks for that.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
That's where it's always been. I didn't think Amazon would removed that feature. Although I am sure it causes them headaches. I want the $159 one but I need to see if anything has changed on the reader app or how Personal Documents has changed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That's where it's always been. I didn't think Amazon would removed that feature. Although I am sure it causes them headaches. I want the $159 one but I need to see if anything has changed on the reader app or how Personal Documents has changed.
Sorry for intruding, but how different is the reader app on the fire to the kindle app on any android device ? and what was the problem with Personal Documents?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Sorry for intruding, but how different is the reader app on the fire to the kindle app on any android device ? and what was the problem with Personal Documents?
The Fire Reading app is nice. No Collections but you got the basic three themes White/Black, Sepia. Black/White and several fonts to choose from which you don't have on the stock app.

The personal documents is connected to a Personal documents cloud just like the newer eInk Kindles. They have their own shelf. The problem is covers on the personal documents don't show up on the carousel and syncing from Kindle to Kindle Fire doesn't work but Kindle Fire to Kindles does.

It's a bit buggy at times.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
The Fire Reading app is nice. No Collections but you got the basic three themes White/Black, Sepia. Black/White and several fonts to choose from which you don't have on the stock app.

The personal documents is connected to a Personal documents cloud just like the newer eInk Kindles. They have their own shelf. The problem is covers on the personal documents don't show up on the carousel and [B]syncing from Kindle to Kindle Fire doesn't work[\B] but Kindle Fire to Kindles does.

It's a bit buggy at times.
uhuh... this is not good....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
uhuh... this is not good....
I'm hoping it's fixed on the new KFs.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
I'm hoping it's fixed on the new KFs.
Hey Blossom. Remember when I said the covers on my PD showed up on the carrousel. Well, I should have kept my mouth shut. I sent a PD the other day and guess what. Blank cover on the carrousel.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:29 AM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Hey Blossom. Remember when I said the covers on my PD showed up on the carrousel. Well, I should have kept my mouth shut. I sent a PD the other day and guess what. Blank cover on the carrousel.

Carol
Remember when I said how to fix it? Well it work fine for two weeks but starting last week I am getting blank covers again! This has to be an amazon server issue because nothing has changed.
So it's back to clear Kindle data which sucks the battery life right down.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Remember when I said how to fix it? Well it work fine for two weeks but starting last week I am getting blank covers again! This has to be an amazon server issue because nothing has changed.
So it's back to clear Kindle data which sucks the battery life right down.
Haha. I don't know what is going on, but last night I went to read the PD on my Fire and now guess what. The cover showed up on the carousel. Go figure. Maybe it's haunted. LOL

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #14
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I've seen similar behavior with magazines. I get the NYT Book Review weekly - sometimes with gray cover, sometimes with color cover. And ... the cover can change if the Fire times out into sleep mode ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote