Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 12:51 AM   #106
Neophyle
Neophyle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
You are a legend, Davidfor!

After (finally) finding a micro-SD -> SD adapter (K-Mart at 11:30 pm), Win32DiskImager wrote the image perfectly.

Rebooted, connected to Kobo Desktop to change the username, and all has been 100% since.

This device was a present for a 91-year-old family member with poor eyesight. The light weight of the reader, and the ability to enlarge the fonts will hopefully add a quality of life improvement in his twilight years.

So... many thank.... :-)

N.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #107
purenoise
purenoise began at the beginning.

Hello,

after update with Kobo Desktop i have forever running squares,
will appreciate your help, and if you have an sd image that will work, i
thank you

My device is:
( i made sd backup after it stuck on boot screen after official update)

KBN647B1A1B03863,2.6.28,1.9.10,2.6.28,2.6.28,00000 000-0000-0000-0000-000000000210

Thank you.
Advert
Old 06-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #108
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #109
spy0387
spy0387 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Hello, I also have an old Kobo WiFi N647 which had been formatted a long time ago and therefore I would need the disk image to (hopefully) make it operational again.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #110
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Advert
Old 06-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #111
spy0387
spy0387 began at the beginning.

Thank you sooo much David for the disk image, this is exactly what I needed. My Kobo Wifi is operational again. Just like new
Old 06-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #112
heroin11
heroin11 began at the beginning.

Hi, is there any chance you can send me the SD card image for a Kobo wifi that was bricked after a firmware update? Thank you very much in advance.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #113
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 07-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #114
daniareias
daniareias began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647b
Davifor,
Would it be possible to get a copy of the SD card image for the Kobo Wifi, Please.

My Kobo is dead, isnt booting. Just Read On.

How can I proceed?
Old 07-01-2014, 10:18 PM   #115
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I have sent a PM with the link. But...

What happens when you connect to the PC? You should also be able to do a factory reset using the buttons. I don't exactly how for the WiFi, but it has been posted here sometime late last year or early this year.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #116
pbjambus
pbjambus began at the beginning.

same issue here with my kobo wifi N647. could someone send me the link?
Old 07-02-2014, 01:19 AM   #117
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 07-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #118
kingruss
kingruss began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Hi David,

Would you be able to send me the link too please?

Thanks a lot!
Old 07-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 07-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #120
Shinigami
Shinigami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Hi would it be possible for me to get a copy of the disk image also? updated my kobo before going on holiday and suddenly partway through the holiday it wiped itself and now will not let me put any books on the device or connect to the store, storage space shows as blank also.

Can however connect it to pc and copy files back and forth but they don't show on the reader itself
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi