Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
Order a Aura from Kobo website yet??

Hi has anyone had any problems/issues ordering directly from Kobo? I am hesitant from ordering from their site again. When I ordered Aura HD several months back I never received emails of any kind from them once I ordered. I had to call several times to get order and then tracking info.
Anyone have a positive experience this ordering an Aura so far.

Thanks in advance
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2246 View Post
Hi has anyone had any problems/issues ordering directly from Kobo? I am hesitant from ordering from their site again. When I ordered Aura HD several months back I never received emails of any kind from them once I ordered. I had to call several times to get order and then tracking info.

Thanks in advance
Did you get your Aura HD?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:

Thanks in advance
I don't know what country you are in, but if you are in Canada, you can do a preorder from Chapters Indigo if you are concerned about the Kobo ordering system. As the device is not available for anything BUT preorder, it would be hard to have a positive or a bad experience yet .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi yes I finally did. I guess I was no used to not getting any reply email from a company when I order something from them. It should at least show up on a order history page on their site.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
Rob2246
Enthusiast

Taming. Hi I am in the States and I unfortunately can't order from any Canadian companies. They are somehow not allowed to ship electronics to us. I picked up my glo from an independent bookseller here. I will try that route.
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Quote:
I am in the States and I unfortunately can't order from any Canadian companies. They are somehow not allowed to ship electronics to us. .
Incorrect.

Kobo Canada pays USA state sales tax in all (or most) states..
They accepted my order for the new Aura as well (I am in Texas, and we have not yet seceded from the USA)

I have also successfully ordered various telephone and computer equipment from Canada.
Canada Post and USPS are very cooperative.
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Taming. Hi I am in the States and I unfortunately can't order from any Canadian companies. They are somehow not allowed to ship electronics to us. I picked up my glo from an independent bookseller here. I will try that route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBard View Post
Incorrect.

Kobo Canada pays USA state sales tax in all (or most) states..
They accepted my order for the new Aura as well (I am in Texas, and we have not yet seceded from the USA)
I have also successfully ordered various telephone and computer equipment from Canada. Canada Post and USPS are very cooperative.
I would say you are both correct. Kobo is now set up to sell directly to the U.S., but if you tried to buy through Chapters/Indigo for example (used to be one of Kobo's parent companies) they wouldn't ship to the U.S. There are others the same way. So a blanket "yes you can" or "no you can't" doesn't apply in this case.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I if you tried to buy through Chapters/Indigo for example (used to be one of Kobo's parent companies) they wouldn't ship to the U.S.
Please check your facts.

http://help.indigo.ca/app/answers/detail/a_id/28
shows Chapters/Indigo ships to the USA.

Shipping to the United States
Shipping method:
US Destination Shipping*
Rate :
Based on weight/size and distance to destination.
Estimated arrival time:
2-3 weeks from date of shipment.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #9
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Please check your facts.

http://help.indigo.ca/app/answers/detail/a_id/28
shows Chapters/Indigo ships to the USA.

Shipping to the United States
Shipping method:
US Destination Shipping*
Rate :
Based on weight/size and distance to destination.
Estimated arrival time:
2-3 weeks from date of shipment.
Apparently they have changed their tune. In the past (for example post #21 and others in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hapters&page=2 from last year) they wouldn't. I recall that because because people were upset about it. It appears they now do ship to the U.S however.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
Rob2246
Enthusiast

Thanks I did not realize that chapters -indigo now delivers kobo's to the states. Last time I tried to order a Arc a few months ago it would not let me order. Staples and Best Buy Canada will not deliver to the states however. The delivery date of new Aura from Chapters is October 10th.
I know Kobo ships to the states but their on-line ordering is horrible(at least last time I used it.)
Old 09-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
oops, nevermind.

Last edited by Uschiekid; 09-09-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #12
Msan
Enthusiast
Msan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Glow, iPad3
On the website it says: "***Pre-Orders begin shipping on September 11, 2013. Your credit card will be charged upon shipment, accompanied by a confirmation email."

My CC was charged right away...
Msan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #13
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msan View Post
My CC was charged right away...
That was a temporary/test charge, to verify your card was good.
It should disappear, then reappear just before they ship.

(At least, that is what seems to be happening with my CC)
Old 09-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #14
Msan
Enthusiast
Msan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Glow, iPad3
Quote:
That was a temporary/test charge, to verify your card was good.
It should disappear, then reappear just before they ship.

(At least, that is what seems to be happening with my CC)
Yes, I've seen those before, but not for the full amount..
Msan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #15
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well I got my order in a week or so ago also. Lets see if they ship tomorrow...
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote