Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Just put kindle on new ipod touch but...

When I finally got the book I am currently reading to show up it takes me to page one. I thought kindle and other devices remember your current page. Are there yet more settings I need to track down?
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
With the book open, try clicking on the sync button (the two arrows in the bottom right of the screen as shown in the attached image).

Tap the screen when the book is open to get the controls up.

Note: this image is from an iPhone, but it should look virtually the same on an iPod touch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	257
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	79299  

Last edited by Daveoc64; 11-23-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
You need to sync it. Open the book, then tap the screen. Tool bars open on top and bottom. Hit the "circular arrows" on the bottom far right.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
20LEgend
Connoisseur

Hi guys, thanks but the synch arrows are greyed out on my ipod.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend View Post
..but the synch arrows are greyed out on my ipod.
Presumably you do have a good wifi signal on your iPod?
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend View Post
Hi guys, thanks but the synch arrows are greyed out on my ipod.
Have you signed in with your Amazon (presumably .co.uk) account?

Did you get the book from the Kindle Store? The iOS version of Kindle only supports synchronising books obtained from the Kindle Store at the moment.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
20LEgend
Connoisseur

Thanks Dave, that must be the problem. I get my books online, and Calibre converts and stores them for me.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Amazon whispersync only works for books you bought at Amazon.
Although if calibre converts them and then you sideload (google it) them (use i-explorer), the app thinks they are leggit. So if you then sideload the same copy you converted with calibre to other devices it should work. Remember; it doesn't work when you email the book to your kindle, or upload them via itunes.
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote