Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
hambyla
hambyla began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Exclamation Calibre crashes before selecting file to convert.

Each time I attempt to open a file for conversion, Calibre crashes. I obtained information from a debug report stating that:

QObject::killTimers: timers cannot be stopped from another thread

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

I am new to Calibre, only having installed it about a week ago, and have since updated to version 0.8.10 on a Windows 7 desktop.

Regards,
hambyla
hambyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
go to preferences->look & feel and change your font to something standard like Verdana or helvetica
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
hambyla
hambyla began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately it did not resolve my problem. Might there be another explanation?
hambyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not that I know of, sorry.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
crashes, kill timers, qobject, version 0.8.10