Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 12:58 AM   #31
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I regard the jacket as a last resort backup

I also share a lot of what I have (public domain documents from taxpayer funded institutions etc) with other people, by email and cloud accounts. Having my metadata in plain sight (even if it is out of date) makes for simpler communications between us - many are not fluent in English.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-25-2014 at 04:40 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #32
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I regard the jacket as a last resort backup

I also share a lot of what I have (public domain documents from taxpayer funded institutions etc) with other people, by email and cloud accounts. Having my metadata in plain sight (even if it is out of date) makes for simpler communications between us - many are not fluent in English.

BR
@BR, I can see how the metadata jackets can be useful. I didn't mean to disparage what you do. I was just thinking out loud about why I don't use them. I'm happy to know how to change the jacket template if I ever decide to use them.

Maybe the XMP with PDF will be helpful to you, if there are ever free multi-platform PDF readers that can read and display XMP.

Last edited by unboggling; 02-25-2014 at 04:39 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert