Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
mrjcleaver
mrjcleaver began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Fetch News - Where is set the Default Time for Every 1.0 day?

Hi - in the Fetch News section what defines the default time for "Schedule for Download, Every 1.0 day"?

I can see I can override the default time on a per-site basis, but I want to set the default time

I set it up yesterday afternoon, but want the news to arrive first thing in the morning, say 5am

I suspect that it's going to arrive 24 hours after I set it up, or that I'd have to override for each site, but that's cumbersome

Thanks,
Martin.
mrjcleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to set it for each recipe.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjcleaver View Post
I can see I can override the default time on a per-site basis, but I want to set the default time
It is a good idea, maybe you should submit an enhancement request. But you have found the only place to specify the time of day for download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjcleaver View Post
I'd have to override for each site, but that's cumbersome
It is cumbersome to change, but it is no more effort than setting up the schedule the first time. From now on you'll know to set the time when you create a new schedule.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote