Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Best conversion settings in Calibre

Ok, since I've decided on getting the Opus I've got loads of format conversions ahead of me. I've mostly got Lit and PDF versions of ebooks which I will have to convert to ePub.

Are there any recommended settings/margins etc to use in Calibre to ensure that the converted ePubs work best?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I just use the default 5pt margin setting when converting to EPUB.

LIT's go quite easily. Most of the time nothing else is required other than clicking convert although sometimes I get one that just doesn't look quite right (I'm picky) and I'll edit it a bit in Sigil.

For PDF you'll likely have to go on a case by case basis. Some PDF's convert fairly easily while others are a nightmare. Of course you can read PDF's on the Opus. Never tried it myself and I doubt the results are all that great unless they're formatted for the screen size.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Thanks.

Another stupid question. When copying the file to the Opus I will only need to copy the filename.epub file. I see that Calibre saves a cover.jpg in the same directory as the epub file. I'm assuming that cover is just for use in Calibre.

When saving to disk there's also a .opf file. What's that used for?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You only need to transfer the EPUB file. The rest are used by calibre. Also, the Opus is a supported device so you can use calibre to send the title to the device.

Also, can someone check if the Opus generates t2b files for me? If it does, are they in the form of filename_6090.t2b?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Also, can someone check if the Opus generates t2b files for me? If it does, are they in the form of filename_6090.t2b?
Yes it does generate one. Yes it does it in that format.

Example:
Locked In - Muller, Marcia.epub
Locked In - Muller, Marcia.epub.dat
Locked In - Muller, Marcia_6090.t2b
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote