Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
James, Henry: The Golden Bowl. v1. 18 Oct 08

There is an excellent version by Strether that is also available here on MobileRead.

My version adds something missing from Strether's version, however:

I've added a Contents page that is fully linked from front-to-back, with Parts and Volumes now also linked. On such a long -- and important book -- I feel this is absolutely necessary.

This is representative of James's Late Period and poses a challenging read for someone not familiar with his work. If you are new to James, my friendly suggestion is to find a different novel or perhaps one of his short stories to read.

I consider Henry James to be one of the most important fiction writers in the last 200 years.

For an almost complete list of public domain Henry James titles here on MobileRead, please thank - primarily - Patricia for her dedication in making much of his important work available for lovers of enduring literature.

I hope you enjoy it.

Please let me know if I missed any broken paragraphs. There were quite a few. I tried to fix them all, but I'm sure I missed some.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf James, Henry - The Golden Bowl.lrf (800.2 KB, 504 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote