Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Tangent
Tangent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
ADE doesn't detect any books on the KT or SD card

ADE does not recognize any of keypubs on the KTor any epubs on the SD card when connected.
The KT is authorized and there is a Kobo icon that shows up but it is empty and I can't find a menu command to transfer a book from ADE to the KT.

The KT is v. 1.9.9. It has had several factory resets due to the corrupt storage error which is why I added the SD card to make the reinstall easier.

Any ideas on what I may be missing here?

Thanks
Tangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Yeah, it can't see the Kobo epups, that's normal. Dunno about regular epups on the SD card - ADE sees regular epubs fine in my KT's main memory.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
Tangent
Tangent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
So that answers the keypub question.
I haven't been using ADE so I just realized that getting books from ADE onto the KT is to drag and drop from one bookshelf to the Kobo bookshelf.
So the last thing seems to be that ADE does not read the SD card where my books are usually installed. That seems fine.
Tangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
ADE cannot be used to manage EPUBs on an SD card. You should investigate the use of calibre which can be used to manage the EPUBs on a SD card.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote