Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
May 12, 2016: Bookeen update ALMOST Finished!

Dear Customers,

As you know we have been working on this firmware update for the Cybook 3 and Opus for a long time. We are almost finished with the update and should be able to release it by next Monday. However, before we can we need to make a final check as to whether the bookmark on the Epub version is able too pass the final check. In the mean time, Feel free to look at our OPUS Platinum edition, our Retro Cybook 3 Platinum x3/Titanium back edition as well as the OPUS Newsreader II, and Cybook 4 Gold edition. Again, sorry for the delay, The firmware will be released on Monday!!!!

Regards,

The Bookeen Team

(Attention, this is meant as a touch of humour)......
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Sounds realistic to me...
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
rireed3
Connoisseur
rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook 1, Cybook Gen3
'Language Timothy'

'Not clever, not funny'

You left out "Happy Holidays"

rireed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:56 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
(Attention, this is meant as a touch of humour)......
Not even a smile from from me. That kind of joke was fun at first, but not anymore.

Try and find someting really new.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 AM   #5
elmargol
Enthusiast
elmargol began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Why is Bookeen destroying their reputation? Are they stupid? Noone expects a perfect firmware just release more often and show some respect to your customers. I'm fine testing a beta firmware as lang as I can revert back to an older version.
elmargol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 03:03 AM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good question acctualy, why no beta ? *shrugs *
I don't know about the ePub firmware, but the mobi one with folders can be installed no problem. And it's not that buggy.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:40 AM   #7
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
You didn't get me this time. The first 100 times I read a thread title indicating that the FW was out (or nearly out) I fell for it and opened the thread with trembling hands just to find out that it's all a joke.

By now I wouldn't believe it if Bookeen themselves posted it here in the forums. Only when I see the file sitting on my machine.....

Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
crava
crava began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I don't know about the ePub firmware, but the mobi one with folders can be installed no problem. And it's not that buggy.
How do u do it? Where do u find the firmware with folders???
crava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
rireed3
Connoisseur
rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook 1, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crava View Post
How do u do it? Where do u find the firmware with folders???
I think Eowyn means the copy handed out for SD cards at a show in Paris at the beginning of July, meaning there is no reason at all not to post that version's flash file on the Bookeen web site.

I also got the "Folder View" option with my new Gen3 just after that. The firmware that came with my machine is Version 1.4 (build 923). I didn't get it as a flash file, as did Eowyn, but it works well with only occasional freezes.

Richard
rireed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
I think Eowyn means the copy handed out for SD cards at a show in Paris at the beginning of July, meaning there is no reason at all not to post that version's flash file on the Bookeen web site.
Well, version seamed to be a bit of mess, they sometimes tried two different sd before update works. But save for that, I fail to see what the problem with putting it on the website is.

Quote:
I also got the "Folder View" option with my new Gen3 just after that. The firmware that came with my machine is Version 1.4 (build 923). I didn't get it as a flash file, as did Eowyn, but it works well with only occasional freezes.
Mine says 928. And 1.4 too.
1.5 is "yet to be published"
And i don't care about 1.5, i need 2.0. Mobi is useless.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 12-10-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
How about, "It´s done!"?
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #12
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Not even a smile from from me. That kind of joke was fun at first, but not anymore.

Hope you had that cup of Coffee....

Yes tis a pity that the firmware has a broken leg...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #13
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
In '2012' it would be ready , but due to all the nonsense of world coming to an end , they will push it forward .2016 sounds good
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
There is a beta version. It is the version in Opus and in newly sold Gen3.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #15
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
There is a beta version. It is the version in Opus and in newly sold Gen3.
Yep. But, of course, why bother releasing it when you can simply require the suckers (Ahem! I mean 'customers'.) buy an overpriced *NEW* one?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote