Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
Deljah
Connoisseur
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Here's the new portable installer: http://calibre-ebook.com/downloads/b...ler-0.8.69.exe

Just run the exe and when it asks for a location, point it to your existing calibre portable folder, it will do the upgrade automatically.

Since I was in the area, I also added support for multiple libraries inside the Calibre Portable folder. You can now create new libraries inside the Calibre Portable folder and switch between them with quick switch even if the location of the Calibre Portable folder changes.

I'd appreciate it if some of you could test this a bit before I release it on Friday.
I just did it. It worked with no problems and was super-fast. Thanks so much!
Deljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@CWatkinsNash: Delete the libraries in U: and then it will open the libraries in E:. It only uses the relative path if the library pointed to by the absolute path does not exist. That way people can use it both as a portable install and as a replacement for normal calibre with libraries outside the calibre portable folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 02:36 AM   #18
judeandrob
judeandrob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
That upgrade works fine.
Many thanks.
Jude and Rob
Edit: Our old library is on the HDD and our new library is being rationalised onto the stick.
Calibre portable handles both libraries without problems, apart from slowness of machine transfer of course - which is not a Calibre fault.

Last edited by judeandrob; 09-18-2012 at 02:39 AM.
judeandrob is offline   Reply With Quote