Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #76
dalien26
dalien26 began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS T1
Hi,
can anyone reupload the 2 files for recover the sony prst1 ? they are not online yet.
thanks
dalien26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #77
Lemieux
Lemieux began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Please help me, I fear I have bricked my PRS-T1.

I got ir rooted long time ago and wanted to update its firmware. It failed and so I made a factory reset. Since then I always experience pop ups saying "The application Home has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" after startup. If reopens every time I confirm. Nothing can be done, not even connect to the computer via USB.

So I decided to use the rescue image. I donloaded it and extracted the file to my micro SD card (FAT32). I inser the memory card and restart the device. While its booting I hold home and menu until the bar reaches the 100%. But then the rescue mode doesn't appear. Instead it opens the normal homescreen with the annoying error message. Why doesn't it initialise the rescuing process?
Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2015, 05:24 PM   #78
apsco17
apsco17 began at the beginning.

Hello,

I have a PSR-T1 that is stuck on the opening book screen. I've never played with the sofware and use Calibre to manage the books. I loaded a few more books and finished charging it up before going on vacation, when I got to the airport and pressed the power button, it went to the initial Reader Opening book... screen and sat there with the yellow power light flashing.

I tried using the reset button with no effect. I have tried to do the Sony hard reset procedure, but the Loading message never appears.

I downloaded the zip file in the initial post, put it onto a SD card and then into the SD slot and followed the startup instructions. I have done this several times and each time the Opening book... progress bar goes black, I release the buttons when it reaches 100% and leave it alone. When I check back after 15-20 minutes, the Opening book... page is up with a blank progress bar but other than constant flashing of the yellow power button and the SD card yellow light, there is no change to the reader display and it doesn't respond to the buttons. I have left it for hours and the yellow lights keep blinking but no change to the reader.

In summary, the only display changes I see are a blank display when it restarts and the black Opening book... progress bar when I try and use the SD recovery program.

Are there any suggestions as to what may be wrong and what to try next or is it toasted and time to chuck it?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
apsco17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:06 AM   #79
steboni
steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well, I've been in the same situation. I believe that the cause of the blinking jellow light is a massive transfer from the pc. I didn't find anything to solve the problem, (tried to recover with SD card, pc.. Google a lot,) and at the end I've sent it to Sony service, not the local shop. I'm sure that they opened it and recovered (in three weeks , standard servicing time here), but they didn't say how.
This is the only clue I have for you, and I hope someone gives you more infos
steboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:10 AM   #80
apsco17
apsco17 began at the beginning.

Thanks for the advice, it's out of warranty now so I don't think sending it in would be cost effective.
apsco17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2015, 02:17 AM   #81
steboni
steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steboni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi, maybe the test mode in thread about Sony post above gives you some newer clues or (crossed finger) solution. .
strange... does the card have to be totally blank with only this file ?<br />
<br />
if I understand correctly, the file do not have any extension, it is only named<br />
<br />
rVPzp8O1j0m01oOq.crsZVu8crtmXGrc2<br />
<br />
correct ?<br/>

Last edited by steboni; 02-25-2015 at 02:19 AM.
steboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:40 PM   #82
ALinkToTao
ALinkToTao began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I would love to get a download of the rescue_1.04.zip from someone. Or if someone could direct me to a working download link, I'd really appreciate it. Anyone have it still? Thanks.
ALinkToTao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #83
gandalfthewite
gandalfthewite began at the beginning.

Hi, the sdrescue_1.04_porkupan.7z cannot be found anymore at the link proided.
Do you still have that file and could you reupload it, please?
I am trying to essentially reflash my reader. Since I cannot get past the spinning double arrows (I had it trying all night long hoping it just needed to reorganize files or something) I cannot update/restore the software via methods that assume it will show up in windows like a hard drive and you can drag/drop files onto it.
gandalfthewite is offline   Reply With Quote