Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Chocolate?
NO - The thought of it makes me queasy. 1 1.64%
NO - But I'll eat it to get at the liqueur. 2 3.28%
NO - But I will eat it to be polite when offered. 1 1.64%
YES - On special occasions. 17 27.87%
YES - Every day. 24 39.34%
YES - I would sell my body for it. 16 26.23%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #46
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
My boss got me a box of Lindt chocolates for xmas
i almost wish i had a boss, now. (almost.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #47
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I didn't vote... I'm pretty sure this is a trick question.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #48
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
To date, 95% like chocolate, and it's too close to call how much they like it.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #49
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
in the last couple of years has started to trigger my migraines.
I was worried about that for a while too but have (thankfully) excluded it as a likely trigger and we are now working hard to establish whether lack of chocolate triggers my migraines.
Research is going well.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #50
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
I was worried about that for a while too but have (thankfully) excluded it as a likely trigger and we are now working hard to establish whether lack of chocolate triggers my migraines.
Research is going well.
Okay, there should have been another selection..

YES - But I can't because it gives me migranes or some other ailment.

Next years poll is up to 10 options now.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #51
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Okay, there should have been another selection..

YES - But I can't because it gives me migranes or some other ailment.

Next years poll is up to 10 options now.
you mean for 2010 ? fugit tempus
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #52
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Research is going well.
I recommend an exhaustive and complete study of as many years as you can eke out. Don't worry about publishing results - they will be assumed.

(Also, luscious new frock, Mindy!)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:35 PM   #53
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
We need Government funding to study the subject. With luck we could finish the study in 4 or 5 years and then go for more detailed field work. You can't rush good research.

I do suggest a few parameters to bound the study:

1. No white chocolate, all study will be on "real" chocolate
2. Limit the study llamas, humans, and dogs
3. Cats will be considered for possible inclusion
4. No squirrels

Among the study questions will be the impact of chocolate eating while reading from an e-ink device. If Zelda will assist, we can also study the impact of chocolate consumption on using touch screen technology for page advancement.

Any other suggestions for study related questions for us to secure Government funding?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #54
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post

Any other suggestions for study related questions for us to secure Government funding?
Well, now, I think this is needlessly exclusive and highly discriminatory. For some of us who like the albino fake chocolate almost as much as the real stuff and who may have "real chocolate" as a migraine-trigger, surely an exhaustive study into whether albino fake chocolate is an acceptable non-triggering substitute is of immense interest and should very seriously be looked into (I volunteer!).

(Please note, any person who mentions the word "carob" will be tracked down by a very select swarm of Pirate Ninja Squirrel Disco Dancers from the Montsnmags Enterprises Solid Gold Dancer Planetary Invasion Division, beaten severely with chain-mail leg-warmers, and forced to eat their own kneecaps through a straw).

Cheers,
Marc (who had some white chocolate Massimos icecream for dessert last night)
Old 01-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #55
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
I'm sure we could tweak the study to have a comparative element and retain some white-chocolate-munchers as a control group.
The alternative is trying to herd up enough non-chocolate eaters which doesn't bear thinking about.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #56
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
I'm sure we could tweak the study to have a comparative element and retain some white-chocolate-munchers as a control group.
The alternative is trying to herd up enough non-chocolate eaters which doesn't bear thinking about.
Speaking of studies, I found this on a box of chocolates:

"The aroma of chocolate has a distracting, and at the same time calming effect on people. Furthermore, it is suggested that increased brain activity occurs. The aroma of chocolate suppresses the so-called theta-waves. It also causes increased alpha and beta activity. Alpha activity is observed manly in people who are in rest but indeed awake."
Neil Martin, Neuro-Psychologist, Middlesex Univ., London

I´m a little bit afraid of eating more of it now.....
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:03 AM   #57
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post

I´m a little bit afraid of eating more of it now.....
Well then, I guess you really don't want to know about how chocolate causes zeta waves to shoot from your spleen straight into your pituitary gland and turn your endocrine system into a Pheromone Broadcast System for extraterrestrial xenophiliacs, do you?

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #58
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
We need Government funding to study the subject. With luck we could finish the study in 4 or 5 years and then go for more detailed field work. You can't rush good research.

I do suggest a few parameters to bound the study:

2. Limit the study llamas, humans, and dogs
3. Cats will be considered for possible inclusion
4. No squirrels

Among the study questions will be the impact of chocolate eating while reading from an e-ink device. If Zelda will assist, we can also study the impact of chocolate consumption on using touch screen technology for page advancement.

Recommend that this study will both stimulate the economy and reduce the budget deficit....

(Red says you look good in blue, Mindy...)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #59
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oooh, lindor.... :droolingnow:
Hehe, I brought some back from Switzerland, it's hard to restrain myself and eat them patiently one at a time.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #60
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Hehe, I brought some back from Switzerland, it's hard to restrain myself and eat them patiently one at a time.
i never travel so far to get them, but it's hard to restrain myself anyway !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peanut butter cookie, recipe