Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
We meant well

Ten years after the invasion of Iraq I've just finished We Meant Well by Peter Van Buren in which he tells of his year in Iraq as a Foreign Service Officer for the state department. I highly recommend it as a forthright account of the situation in Iraq following the invasion.

There is a lot of gallows humour in the book; some of it laugh out loud hilarious, some a little wearing, and some heartbreaking. And the book is packed with first hand observations and links to other evidence.

It's available as a Kindle, but reads even better on my Sony.

Highly recommended. If I could give him karma I'd give all I could.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Ten years after the invasion of Iraq I've just finished We Meant Well by Peter Van Buren in which he tells of his year in Iraq as a Foreign Service Officer for the state department. I highly recommend it as a forthright account of the situation in Iraq following the invasion.

There is a lot of gallows humour in the book; some of it laugh out loud hilarious, some a little wearing, and some heartbreaking. And the book is packed with first hand observations and links to other evidence.

It's available as a Kindle, but reads even better on my Sony.

Highly recommended. If I could give him karma I'd give all I could.
Sounded interesting enough to grab it. On the TBR queue it goes
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
On the list...
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote