Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
Daephex
Licensed Raconteur
Daephex will become famous soon enoughDaephex will become famous soon enoughDaephex will become famous soon enoughDaephex will become famous soon enoughDaephex will become famous soon enoughDaephex will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-600, iPod Touch
help finding a title

Here's a toughie-- I once read (in hardback) a collection of early science fiction short stories that contained a really odd one featuring a boy whose family was perplexed by his inability to eat anything but beer. Furthermore, he saw things nobody else could see, and spoke in complete gibberish. A plot point in the story was that the narrator recorded him with some sort of device, which he slowed down to reveal that the boy actually just spoke inhumanly fast.

Does anyone know what story this was? Bonus brownie points if you can tell me the collection-- I'd love to read this one again!
Daephex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daephex View Post
Here's a toughie-- I once read (in hardback) a collection of early science fiction short stories that contained a really odd one featuring a boy whose family was perplexed by his inability to eat anything but beer. Furthermore, he saw things nobody else could see, and spoke in complete gibberish.
And that boy went on to be the 41st president of the United States!
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
And that boy went on to be the 41st president of the United States!
OT:

Noooooo. I think you mean "Billy Beer," named after President Carter's brother.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote