Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
Klaatu
Klaatu doesn't litterKlaatu doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Nook Stopped Showing Up

Hello. I did a search and couldn't find a specific answer to my problem.

I have a Nook with firmware 1.4, and first noticed in Calibre 0.7.7 that my Nook stopped showing up. It is mounted in Mac OS X's Finder, though.

Over the weekend I had to go all the way back to Calibre 0.6.55 to get the software to recognize my Nook, and when I upgraded to 0.7.8 the problem returned.

At one point after I upgraded to Calibre 0.7.x this worked. Somewhere in between 0.7.0 and 0.7.7 it stopped working for me. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Michael
Klaatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
don not connect your iphone/ipad at the same time as your nook.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
Klaatu
Klaatu doesn't litterKlaatu doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Well I will be a monkey's uncle. That was the problem. I just didn't think about it. Thanks!

Regards,
Michael
Klaatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You can disable the Apple device interface in Preferences|Plugins|Device Interface plugins, which will allow you to have an iDevice connected without calibre trying to use it as a Reader.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote