Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Bing Updates iPhone App: Bar Codes and Book Covers

http://searchengineland.com/bing-upd...ion-more-44866

Quote:
This morning, Microsoft’s Bing iPhone App was updated to include new search and social features. I was able to play around with the new features this morning and I wanted to share my experience with you.

In summary, the new Bing iPhone app includes:

Improved products with landing page, results, details and instant answer
Details with description, reviews and offers
Image/bar code recognition of products
Blended search including updates from your Twitter and Facebook networks when you do a search on the client
“What’s hot” domain with xRank/Twitter tag cloud/feeds
Business List and Map View integration
Just tested this...it recognized barcodes of random stuff I found in the office, even off-brand stuff. And it recognized the covers of a couple books I had lying around. Very nice!

Looking forward to Google releasing Google Goggles for iOS4-supposed to be similar.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote